ECN Forum
Posted By: NJ Wireman ECN Chat room - 11/15/04 12:21 AM
Does anyone ever login to the chat room to chat other then during the regular schedule times. I check in once and awhile and would for sure chat with others anytime no matter the day or time. i think that chat room is a great idea but i think maybe we should try to use more often? What are your thoughts?
Posted By: capt al Re: ECN Chat room - 11/15/04 12:36 AM
NJ, I have checked in and like you found no one there. I agree it is a great tool we should use more.

Al
Posted By: electure Re: ECN Chat room - 11/15/04 01:40 AM
I'm in there from time to time.
I've had some very interesting conversations with myself. [Linked Image]

I'm trying to figure out a way for the doorbell (dog) to ring (bark) when I don't have the screen up full.

Is there a way? Any ideas?
Posted By: Trumpy Re: ECN Chat room - 11/15/04 01:54 AM
NJ Wireman,
Yes, the Chat rooms do get used outside of the normal schedules.
Sure there will be quiet times, like when everyone is at work and so forth.
Oddly enough the Chat rooms do get a lot of use, especially during the weekends. [Linked Image]
Electure,
Do you mean when you have minimised the Chat window?.
Make sure that you've loaded the Control Panel and checked the 3 boxes on the Settings page within the Control Panel.
Hope this helps. [Linked Image]
Posted By: Trumpy Re: ECN Chat room - 12/02/04 08:18 AM
I can't personally remember when it was that we first started the ECN Chat-rooms off, in this format, but I'm quite pleased to say that even though there are the odd quiet times, Thanks very much for using the Chat-rooms guys!!.
In the many times that I've logged in there, there has 90% of the time been at least 1 person there, that I can talk to.
Also, I'd just like to say to some of you newer fella's here, please by all means hop into the Chat rooms, you'll learn a lot about different things and have a few laughs at the same time!.
It's just the icing on the cake as far as the whole ECNet thing goes. [Linked Image]
Get into it guys, it's there for your use. [Linked Image]
Posted By: electure Re: ECN Chat room - 12/04/04 12:27 AM
Well, it's Friday again.

Anybody going to come out and play?
Posted By: ibatramp Re: ECN Chat room - 12/04/04 01:46 AM
can't log in to chat room. I get a large gray box with a little red x in the upper left corner.
Posted By: dougwells Re: ECN Chat room - 12/04/04 01:57 AM
Try Downloading java from www.java.com
Posted By: ibatramp Re: ECN Chat room - 12/04/04 02:03 AM
Ihave java, still does not work.
Posted By: smokumchevy Re: ECN Chat room - 12/04/04 06:03 AM
If you have java and chat won't load it usually gives you a link option to download "sunjava".... I did and it works flawlessly.

-Greg
Posted By: Trumpy Re: ECN Chat room - 12/04/04 02:00 PM
Thanks for the link Doug!. [Linked Image]
Oddly enough, there are people around that have time to argue the use of IT terms.
I mean words like "Java Beans" as an actual term is foreign to me.
These people have a language all of thier own.
Nectar!. [Linked Image]
© ECN Electrical Forums