ECN Forum
Posted By: Dave55 Torpedo Levels - 10/29/04 11:16 PM
On the subject of offset bends, there's an outfit that makes a torpedo level for the odd angles like 10, 22.5, 30, etc. I think you had to specify which vials you wanted in the level when ordering. Now I can't find it.

Please help!

Dave
Posted By: iwire Re: Torpedo Levels - 10/29/04 11:22 PM
How about an adjustable one?

[Linked Image from coastaltool.com]
Posted By: Dave55 Re: Torpedo Levels - 10/29/04 11:52 PM
Thanks, iwire, but the one I'm looking for had fixed vials and, I believe, rare earth magnets. I'm not sure that Stabila will stick to emt.

Dave
Posted By: capt al Re: Torpedo Levels - 10/30/04 12:11 AM
Dave, I have a Stabila level with rare earth magnets. No problem sticking to EMT. It sticks so well you need to remember to take it off the EMT when your done.

Al
Posted By: golf junkie Re: Torpedo Levels - 10/30/04 12:11 AM
A co-worker of mine really likes those Stabila torpedo levels. They are just a little too large for my tastes.
Posted By: John Steinke Re: Torpedo Levels - 10/30/04 12:31 AM
Check out the new Greenlee level- ot appears to have a vial at 30 degrees
Posted By: caselec Re: Torpedo Levels - 10/30/04 12:58 AM
Is this what your looking for? http://www.no-dog.com/6inch/

Curt
Posted By: Dave55 Re: Torpedo Levels - 10/30/04 01:27 AM
Bless you and the horse you rode in on, caselec. That's the one I was looking for.

Dave
Posted By: Attic Rat Re: Torpedo Levels - 10/30/04 10:11 PM
... Just bought this little item,...it's by Greenlee,and it is magnetic with rare earth magnets..pretty nifty,..only $19.99
[Linked Image from greenlee.textron.com]
Posted By: DougW Re: Torpedo Levels - 10/31/04 01:54 AM
Wonder if no-dog knows Greenlee stole it's patent... or maybe there was a production under license agreement?
Posted By: e57 Re: Torpedo Levels - 10/31/04 02:13 AM
Now you realize there is only one very significant draw back to using levels to determining angles while bending pipe.... the floor is almost NEVER level! This is why I tell all my underlings not to use them on the bender. If you have a level floor that is one thing, but very rare. A protractor is best. Or finding things to check against, like factory cut on plywood, or snapping lines on the floor.

There is also another interteresting Sorry/"""""""""""""""""""ER M<ew Kittenon key board!88

Another interesting tool, the "Vertical Chicken Roaster" or VCR. I don't own one, but seems like a cool idea. Its a stop that attaches to the bender. Sorry got to gotyxg kitty neded1204+ attention

[This message has been edited by e57 (edited 10-31-2004).]
Posted By: iwire Re: Torpedo Levels - 10/31/04 10:07 AM
e57 Will you please edit out the continuous part of your post, it makes the whole thread to wide to fit on most screens.

Bob
Posted By: e57 Re: Torpedo Levels - 10/31/04 10:32 AM
Sorry Bob,
Kitty was chasing my hands on the key board....

Anyway, it seems that I can not find the "VCR", which is too bad, because the had a fantastic logo. It had a bender with a chicken on the handle. The first time I saw it I died laughing.

However it looks like Maxis has combined the no-dog and the VCR and made a very interesting tool. It however does not have half as cool a logo as either of them.
http://www.maxistools.com/product/speedset/
Posted By: iwire Re: Torpedo Levels - 10/31/04 10:34 AM
No Problem, thanks for fixing it. [Linked Image]

BAD KITTY. [Linked Image]

Bob
Posted By: iwire Re: Torpedo Levels - 10/31/04 12:10 PM
e57 That is a nice little tool I may have to order one. [Linked Image]

Take a look at this picture, does anyone think this pipe work was done by an electrician?

I always try to have 202 degrees of bend in the fist 3' of raceway, it makes pulling so much more fun. [Linked Image]

[Linked Image from maxistools.com]

Bob
Posted By: Dave55 Re: Torpedo Levels - 10/31/04 01:06 PM
It looks like a cool way to line up 14 pipes on the vertical, but I agree it'd make pulling tougher. I also like keeping saddles closer to what I'm going over. Maybe it's an illusion, but it looks like you could keep a reciprosaw between those pipes.

I don't quite understand their suggestion of putting this tool on the shoe of the bender, and the Greenlee does look like a cool copy, but I really wanted the shallower angles. The 30 degree is with a vertical handle, so I wanted the 10, 15 and 22.5 vials for shallow offsets. I also got it engraved so maybe it won't walk away. BTW, it's OK with me if the floor isn't level. My eyes aren't that great, so it evens out.

Dave
Posted By: high_press Re: Torpedo Levels - 10/31/04 05:33 PM
another awesome level: Checkpoint Ultra Mag

It has 4 earth magnets in it, has a 30 and a 45 degree level. You can pick up a 3 ft peace of 4"emt with this thing... very strong. Branch/Rexel sells them for about $30. You can do an internet search on checkpoint levels to see what it looks like...
© ECN Electrical Forums