ECN Forum
Posted By: tomselectrc new house prices - 09/22/04 12:02 PM
Just found out some new house prices here in michigan!So i thought i see wnat everybody thought? they were geting 1.49 a sq foot!!!!!I thought that was a bit low. price incudes just basic wiring . extra are a/c,range,dryer,can lighting,and so on....... like to hear your thoughts
Posted By: lectrician Re: new house prices - 09/22/04 12:47 PM
hi,

a buck 49 anywhere is the USA is below the market

two bucks is close to the bottom.
three is the high end for minimum install, no light fixtures.

i thought you yanks always got the big bucks..being up north and all..

lectrician

[This message has been edited by lectrician (edited 09-22-2004).]
Posted By: tomselectrc Re: new house prices - 09/22/04 01:15 PM
I thought that was low!!!I bid at 2.25 for the basic install,i thought i was average?
Posted By: electricman786 Re: new house prices - 09/22/04 02:09 PM
Is this rate you guys telling includes material and finish. Also what about installing fixtures.
Posted By: mvrandazzo Re: new house prices - 09/22/04 06:17 PM
Tom,
I'm also in the Detroit area. I usally bid 2.00 per sq ft and that is for basic wiring. I don't include the service, recessed cans, ceiling fans, garage, fixtures, etc. I don't do that many new homes in the area.

Blessings
Mark
Posted By: velect Re: new house prices - 09/22/04 10:17 PM
We are in Southwest Michigan. I get $5.00 a square foot. That includes service, bath fans, recessed cans, phone and cable.
Does not include cans trims, decorative fixtures, dimmers or any landscape or outdoor lighting
Posted By: tomselectrc Re: new house prices - 09/23/04 03:20 PM
thank's for the feedback guys,My bid did include the sevice and production fixture ,no cans. I can't beleive some people low ball that much out there!hope you guy's are busy again thanks for the feedback
Posted By: mvrandazzo Re: new house prices - 09/23/04 10:23 PM
Do you guys and gals include smokes in your bidding?

Blessings Mark
Posted By: Dave55 Re: new house prices - 09/24/04 02:06 AM
This is very interesting. I've never bid at a square foot price, but then new construction for builders isn't my niche.

Are these prices for EMT or something else???

Dave
Posted By: tomselectrc Re: new house prices - 09/24/04 03:57 PM
My bid includes smokes,and all my wireing is romex
Posted By: LK Re: new house prices - 09/24/04 10:03 PM
If the GC has between $5 to $7 a sq. on his billing list, I wonder who is making the money?
© ECN Electrical Forums