ECN Forum
Posted By: hypress National Board of Electrical Examiners - 09/06/04 09:45 PM
Does anyone remember the Mational Board of Electrical Examiners(NBEE) from the late 80's early 90's? I read an article in EC&M and I got in touch with them and took a journeymans test in Dec 1990. For some reason they could never make a go of it.I have only met one other electrician that had a NBEE certification. What do you all think of national certification. Shousd the NFPA look at this?
Posted By: iwire Re: National Board of Electrical Examiners - 09/06/04 09:51 PM
I have never heard of this, I take it it would be some sort of National Electrical License?

It sounds great I have licenses in MA, CT & RI the company I work for wants me to get ME, NH & VT as well.

We can not even get reciprocity with many states I can not imaging all the states agreeing to a National license. Who would collect the fee's?

Bob
Do they have a website? Is NBEE still active?
Posted By: trekkie76 Re: National Board of Electrical Examiners - 09/07/04 09:04 PM
Bob, Ibeleive you can get a ME license. Maine has reciprocity agreements with MA, NH, and VT. that's how I got my MA license.
Posted By: capt al Re: National Board of Electrical Examiners - 09/07/04 09:17 PM
ME,NH,VT will reciprocate off of a MA license. Thats how I got mine. Had to take State test in RI,& CT.
Posted By: trekkie76 Re: National Board of Electrical Examiners - 09/08/04 10:43 PM
could use the fees to knock down a little of the 5 trillion dollar federal budget [Linked Image]
Posted By: iwire Re: National Board of Electrical Examiners - 09/09/04 09:27 PM
Oh yeah I know my MA license has reciprocity with some states but not many.

Bob
Old topic but I just found my old NBEE card # 200176 from 8/1/93, I Googled it and found this thread. I feel it was either a scam or a good idea that never matriculated. They had told us at the time they were working for a national certification and more reciprocity but as we can all see now that reciprocity has in fact gotten much worse. They should strip the name "National" from the NEC!
© ECN Electrical Forums