ECN Forum
Posted By: caselec Harris punchdown tool - 08/14/04 06:15 PM
Has anyone here tried the Harris JackRapid Punchdown tool for Leviton jacks? I have always wondered why there wasn’t a tool to make termination voice/data jacks easier and the other day I ran accross this tool.
[Linked Image from tselectronic.com]
Posted By: DougW Re: Harris punchdown tool - 08/14/04 07:17 PM
That looks pretty slick... Reminds me of an Ideal co-ax termination tool I saw the other day. (I tried to find a link but couldn't). It was a connector crimp tool, but not an interchangable die (Crimpmaster) style. I'll try to get the item # and show it here.
Posted By: e57 Re: Harris punchdown tool - 08/15/04 02:12 AM
Ooohh... Could have used that years ago! Have you tried it? Cost? Does it do Cat-6?
Posted By: Electric Eagle Re: Harris punchdown tool - 08/15/04 03:10 AM
We're doing a lot more data and phone cabling now than we used to. That looks like it could be a real time saver. I'd love to know the cost.
Posted By: caselec Re: Harris punchdown tool - 08/15/04 03:40 AM
Believe it or not I ran across this in Home Depot. I didn’t have much of a chance to look at it or see the price but tried to find some info online when I got home but haven’t had much luck. It isn’t even shown on the Harris web site. The only online site I have found it at so far is here: http://www.tselectronic.com/harris/10059.html I think I might spend the $70 to give one a try.

Curt
Posted By: John Steinke Re: Harris punchdown tool - 08/15/04 05:35 AM
Who needs a tool? I use Panduit whenever I can.
Posted By: e57 Re: Harris punchdown tool - 08/15/04 01:27 PM
Does Panduit have a tool-less connector?
© ECN Electrical Forums