ECN Forum
Posted By: Steve McKinney Work slowed down? - 05/08/04 12:38 PM
Hey Fellers, being a "New Member", I just wanted to tell you how much I am enjoying the bulletin board. I am amazed by a couple of things. OK, come to think of it, maybe more. #1. The wealth of knowledge you have and jump at the chance to share. #2. I read the "Physical Demands" comments this morning and the underlying theme seems to me is "I hurt all over, but wouldn't trade it for the world!" And I guess another would be how we can/and do, encourage each other swimming upstream. OK, to my question. Is it seem rather slow out there to you guys? I am used to being covered up and it seems to me, in the Heartland anyway, times are really tight. Thanx 4 hearing me out. Proud to be a part of the "Trade" and trying to do my part in raising our level of professionalism.
Posted By: Active 1 Re: Work slowed down? - 05/08/04 03:00 PM
I have a help wanted ad for a residential electrician in a suburban newspaper. From over 20 resimies I found this:

10 Only Industrial Experiance
4 Little or no experiance
2 Industrial Comercial Residential done all Exp.
3 Outside Linemen Exp
3 Strong Residential Experiance

7 Was or are Union

3 Had computer field education
2 Had HVAC education
6 Had non electrical education in other fields on not specified
4 Had Industrial electricial education
Did not count # of union apprentiships

5 Are from Chicago

Survey Accucricy +/- 1

Tom
Posted By: DougW Re: Work slowed down? - 05/08/04 03:43 PM
What part of IL are you looking for help in?

If it's up in Lake County, give me a holler! [Linked Image]
Posted By: Lostazhell Re: Work slowed down? - 05/08/04 04:45 PM
Steve
Our company usually has it's slow months around Jan-April... Were just coming out of it & were busier than ever!... We pretty much are always hiring..

Randy

PS... Welcome to ECN [Linked Image]
Posted By: Nick Re: Work slowed down? - 05/08/04 10:55 PM
We have been slow for several months but things are now busting loose. Last month we were awarded $60 million worth of work in a 24 hour period! [Linked Image]
Posted By: Steve McKinney Re: Work slowed down? - 05/11/04 03:25 AM
Thanx 4 the responses fellas. I live and work in southern Illinois.
Posted By: Steve McKinney Re: Work slowed down? - 07/29/04 04:12 PM
Thoroughly enjoy the biz talk!
Posted By: fewellcrew Re: Work slowed down? - 07/29/04 04:32 PM
Active 1, where are you from?
Posted By: Active 1 Re: Work slowed down? - 07/31/04 05:38 AM
We were by Elgin but have just relocated into Lake County by Grayslake. Just right now we could use more work but mannage by.

Tom
© ECN Electrical Forums