ECN Forum
Posted By: Bill Addiss * * * ECN Chat Today * * * - 03/19/04 05:13 PM
Just a Reminder ...

Another Friday, another ECN Chat!

9pm (U.S. Eastern Standard Time)
(of course you can always come early)

Click the Yellow ECNChat Logo on the left side of the page here. Your ECN Forum Name and Password gets you in.

Suggestions for Topics are always welcome.

[Linked Image]
Bill
Posted By: Scott35 Re: * * * ECN Chat Today * * * - 03/21/04 06:50 AM
My Computers are going nuts again, so haven't been able to do the chat thing lately. I really want to - so give me time!

First issue was my "#5 Workstation" decided to lock up in Netscape - then became FUBAR!

Next issue was trying to log into the chat area on "#6 Workstation", only to find out that Java was incompatable.
Downloaded HUGE Java app, but wanted to get "#5" running before installing Java on "#6".

Third issue: Day before bringing "#5" to life, "#6" decides to toss Blue Screens at me!

Fourth issue: Get "#5" up and running - and it starts tossing Blue Screens at me!!!

Beginning to get [Linked Image]

Fifth issue: Now both machines Blue Screen (Fatal Exception OE) within 10 Minutes of Booting to Windows - but hold stable in Safe Mode (with and without network support), and booted directly to DOS prompt.

Definitely [Linked Image] now!!!

Exception OE is same on both machines - so try running both machines without their patch cords connected to the Ethernet Switch.
So far, stable operation with a "Full Windows Boot" has been successful for over 24 Hours.

This kind of sucks for me- as I am forced to do "Sneakernet" until these issues get resolved.

So if you see me in the chat rooms - I have successfully conquered the dreaded:
Buggy-Wuggys who bring upon the Blue Screens Of Death!

Scott35
Posted By: Ryan_J Re: * * * ECN Chat Today * * * - 03/21/04 07:09 AM
Scott: Have you not been paying homage to Bill Gates? LOL

I must say that I enjoyed the chat tonight. We discussed everythin from the Beatles to Personal Protective Equipment, and had a great time doing it.

To all: Jump in...the water is nice [Linked Image]
Posted By: Trumpy Re: * * * ECN Chat Today * * * - 03/21/04 11:27 AM
BTW,
Do any of you guys have ICQ Numbers?
Mine is 271520586.
Please feel free to add me to your Contacts List. [Linked Image]
Posted By: Mr. Ed Re: * * * ECN Chat Today * * * - 03/26/04 01:14 AM
You should have called the "TV" guy that works around the corner. He only charges $1.25 an hour. [Linked Image]
© ECN Electrical Forums