ECN Forum
Posted By: Bill Addiss It's Snowing Again! - 03/17/04 12:29 AM
I thought Spring was almost here, but it's snowing again. How about some Snow Pictures?

Anybody Interested? Anybody got some good ones?

BTW, just curious, do any of you use one of these to scrape the snow and Ice off your Work Vehicle?

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Bill
Posted By: iwire Re: It's Snowing Again! - 03/17/04 12:57 AM
OK I am jealous. [Linked Image]

A UL Listed snow scraper.

Please follow all listing and labeling instructions or I will red tag you for a 110.3(B) violation. [Linked Image]
Posted By: electricman2 Re: It's Snowing Again! - 03/17/04 01:12 AM
Hey, where can I get one of those! Of course it would spend most of the time in the glove box. Not much snow here in central NC [Linked Image]
Posted By: Roger Re: It's Snowing Again! - 03/17/04 01:17 AM
I too am envious, the only thing I've ever seen that comes close is listed backfill. [Linked Image]

Roger
Posted By: Bill Addiss Re: It's Snowing Again! - 03/17/04 01:24 AM
Here's a couple pictures sent in by Doug from a friend in Nova Scotia:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Bill Addiss Re: It's Snowing Again! - 03/17/04 01:32 AM
OK I am jealous. [Linked Image]
Now, I am surprised Bob, I thought you'd have one for sure ...

[Linked Image]
Bill

[This message has been edited by Bill Addiss (edited 03-16-2004).]
Posted By: Roger Re: It's Snowing Again! - 03/17/04 01:32 AM
LOL! That is beautiful.

Roger
Posted By: Edward Re: It's Snowing Again! - 03/17/04 02:13 AM
It is about 80F-85F here in San francisco bay

Edward
Posted By: crash Re: It's Snowing Again! - 03/17/04 03:14 AM
Beer cooler fully stocked with Alexander Keiths, just outside the front door. Now I want to move to Nova Scotia. Can you get that ice scraper with a CSA certification?
Posted By: DougW Re: It's Snowing Again! - 03/17/04 05:51 AM
I tried to find the pic from a fire a few weeks ago - the overspray had decorated the neighbor's tree with a beautiful icicle display... Oh well.

We just started getting some more snow - we're under a forecast for up to 1" / day over the next few days.

We'll see if it happens. I believe them like I believe some "handymen"
Posted By: pauluk Re: It's Snowing Again! - 03/17/04 08:22 AM
It seems as though spring has finally arrived here in England. Yesterday was bright and sunny, must have been up to 60 or more, and I took a walk along the beach in my shirt-sleeves for the first time in months.

It sure makes the world seem a better place to see a little good weather at last! [Linked Image]
Posted By: Jps1006 Re: It's Snowing Again! - 03/17/04 03:52 PM
Paul,

I know what you mean.
It sure makes the world seem a better place to see a little good weather at last!
Living in Chicago, we might not have it quite as dreary (so I've heard) as you. But I too have experienced that high feeling after a bout with some depressing weather.

I've always wondered if people that live in sunny, 80 degrees, 365 days of the year would know that feeling. In a strange way that is a small positive about living in a climate that has both extremes. You sure can appreciate a nice day.
Posted By: BigJohn Re: It's Snowing Again! - 03/17/04 05:16 PM
It was 65 degrees outside when I heard the report calling for four inches of snow the following day.

"It amazes me that these folks can get on television and lie about the weather," I said. "No way are we gonna get four inches of snow tomorrow."

I was right. We didn't get four inches of snow yesterday. We got eight.

-John

[This message has been edited by BigJohn (edited 03-17-2004).]
Posted By: electure Re: It's Snowing Again! - 03/18/04 01:22 AM
It's been unseasonably warm. 70f to 94f, around here, for about the last 3 weeks.

Trumpy, How's your Summer? I hope well...S

[This message has been edited by electure (edited 03-17-2004).]
Posted By: pauluk Re: It's Snowing Again! - 03/18/04 07:06 AM
Living in Chicago, we might not have it quite as dreary (so I've heard) as you.
I spent all of 3 hours in Chicago one New Year's Eve, and it was chilly and snowy, but actually rather pleasant and quite invigorating. You're right about the dreary part -- We don't get temperatures anything like as low as the Midwest, but English winters are just gray, damp, and windy.

Looks like we're back to that for the next few days. [Linked Image]
http://weather.yahoo.com/forecast/UKXX0179.html
Posted By: Attic Rat Re: It's Snowing Again! - 03/18/04 02:21 PM
I am SICK TO DEATH OF SNOW!!!!!!!!!! What about all this I heard about Global Warming,??... Sure doesn't apply here,...Last time I checked, I lived in NJ, not SIBERIA!!!....ok, my rant is over,..just had to vent!!
Russ
Posted By: pauluk Re: It's Snowing Again! - 03/18/04 03:25 PM
The winters of 1947 and 1963 are often quoted here as the coldest in living memory, although both are before my time.

Info from the Metereological office

Links to more stories

The coldest, snowiest time I remember in England was back in 1978. I've not seen anything like as much snow in the U.K. since.
Posted By: ThinkGood Re: It's Snowing Again! - 03/18/04 06:35 PM
(pictures) from a friend in Nova Scotia

Do the children get "snow days" off from school? Is that a typical snowfall up there?

Here in Passaic, NJ, we just had some more snow and now the forcast is for another round.

When I moved here, there was an old lawn fertilizer spreader in the garage that is now my salt-and-sand spreader. I use it just as the snow starts to fall, and the shoveling is much easier. The sand sort of stays around which makes for good traction.

P. S. Good thing that door opens inward...
© ECN Electrical Forums