ECN Forum
Posted By: cavo148 romex staple guns... - 01/31/04 04:00 PM
Has anyone been using romex staple guns and are they worth the money? BTW, I was thinking of getting an Arrow T-75 model, I have a T-25 for small cable and like it for tacking phone cable, etc.

Thanks,
Andy

[This message has been edited by cavo148 (edited 01-31-2004).]
Posted By: Belgariad Re: romex staple guns... - 01/31/04 04:10 PM
I bought the Powerfast staple gun about a year ago and don't know how I lived without it. The staples are a little pricey, but it has saved me a great deal of time and smashed fingers.
Posted By: CRW Re: romex staple guns... - 01/31/04 05:13 PM
I used one on a job last fall. It was cool, but it seemed that if you didn't have the stapler sitting perfectly straight and flush on the surface, it would misfire and jam. Hard to get into tight spaces.
Posted By: Jim M Re: romex staple guns... - 01/31/04 05:38 PM
I too have used the Powerfast model. It saves time, but seems to jam more than I thought it would. The staples are about $13 for 400.

[This message has been edited by Jim M (edited 02-03-2004).]
Posted By: smokeeater 38 Re: romex staple guns... - 02/03/04 10:20 PM
I love mine.

It makes it so nice when you are in a spot that it’s hard to get both hands in position to put in staples. It is so much faster that using a hammer or linesman’s pliers.
Posted By: cavo148 Re: romex staple guns... - 02/03/04 11:51 PM
Thanks for the info. I picked up the Powerfast the other day to try. BTW, I took a service call today for a relative who lost their CCTV security picture some time ago. I found that someone had put about a dozen staples THROUGH the audio/visual cable, between the camera and the monitor, oops!
© ECN Electrical Forums