ECN Forum
Posted By: Macon Circuits What are your kids into? - 01/28/04 10:52 PM
Got two. Daughter 12 & son 9. Son plays soccer. Daughter plays fastpitch softball almost year round and pitches a fastball clocked at 52 MPH!

Seems like we spend more weekends at ball fields than at home sometimes, but we're lovin' every minute of it!

So, what are your young'uns onto?
Posted By: ga.sparky56 Re: What are your kids into? - 01/28/04 11:56 PM
Both mine are grown Macon,but my son played baseball until his senior year in high school.

Daughter played a bit of softball and basketball.

Yeah, you're on the go a lot, but I miss it.

Russell
Posted By: sparky Re: What are your kids into? - 01/29/04 12:33 AM
my girl (6) ~ her pony, ballet, 4H, barbie

my boy (12) ~ competitive equestrials, baseball, computers, 4H, and things that shoot barbie

me~ shovels...

~S~

ps~ i've free manure for you gardeners

[This message has been edited by sparky (edited 01-28-2004).]
Posted By: Mean Gene Re: What are your kids into? - 01/29/04 08:48 PM
Well, if you are going to ask . . .

Daughter [24] Married to a Police Officer, they have two kids (our first grandkids, 1 boy 1 girl) just moved into a new house.

Daughter [21] In her second year of college. Intends to become a Psychiatrist.

Daughter [19] Just started Nursing school.

Son [17] Plays golf every waking moment that weather will permit. Averages 1-2 over par.

Son [15] Super-ultra-mega brain. Hasn't received anything under an "A" since third grade. Spends most of his free time beating Nintendo Game Cube games in under one week. Also plays basketball.

Daughter [13] Arts and crafts. Makes some of the most fascinating things you have ever seen. She also plays soccer.

Daughter [11] The musician of the family. Has played the viola and piano for about three years now. Another soccer player.

Daughter [8] Another arts and crafts aficionado. Does many projects along with sister [13].

Son [6] Another avid Nintendo Game Cuber. He's also an excellent builder (Lego,K'NEX,Playmobil,stuff like that).

Daughter [4] Spends most of her day tending to all of her baby dolls (wonder where she gets that from?).

Daughter [0] Tumbling around, counting down the days until daylight. [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Posted By: NJwirenut Re: What are your kids into? - 01/29/04 09:30 PM
Son, 18 Months. Favorite activity this week seems to be rolling cars around on the floor with daddy. Subject to change on a daily basis... [Linked Image]
Posted By: chi spark Re: What are your kids into? - 01/29/04 10:24 PM
It's an old story-
In a small town there was this farmer who would charge people 50 cents to watch his bull with the cows in the spring. One day, a station wagon pulls in and a man gets out and asks the farmer "how much?" The farmer tells him "50 cents each"
The man then asks if there is a discount for his 10 children. The farmer says "10 children?"
"maybe you can let my bull watch you"

Was that you, Gene? [Linked Image]
My children are into:
son-22-make a career out of college, long distance begging for $$, recovering online gaming fanatic
daughter-21-in Germany for year of school-journalism-saving the world
son 14- swims, climbs,ps2,lego maniac

so it's off 2 work I go
Posted By: rmiell Re: What are your kids into? - 01/29/04 10:50 PM
Son (30) Master Electrician, has his own shop, loves to golf, loves to play guitar

Daughter (26) Editor of a small town newspaper, loves to shop, like her mom!

Son (24) computer Video editor, stage & graphic helper for local public access show for Latinos, loves to play guitar.

The two boys also have a rock band, when time permits, and when they can get together with other members!

"I Love Rock 'n Roll, put another dime in the jukebox, baby!!!"

Love your kids while they are young, they have so much energy and are such inspirations to their parents. Hopefully they will pay you back, with interest!!!

Rick
Posted By: sparky Re: What are your kids into? - 01/29/04 11:03 PM
geez Mean Gene... maybe you should get cable [Linked Image]
Posted By: iwire Re: What are your kids into? - 01/29/04 11:21 PM
Sparky I was thinking along the same lines.

Mean Gene must not really be mean. [Linked Image]

Christina 5, Puzzles, Coloring and hanging out with me. [Linked Image] I will enjoy it while she still wants to.

Jennifer 3, Dressing up, Dora the Explorer and driving her older sister crazy. [Linked Image]

Yeah I started with kids late, I will be 40 this summer.

They can tire me out faster than a 12 hour day at work. [Linked Image]

Bob
Posted By: Ryan_J Re: What are your kids into? - 01/29/04 11:24 PM
And I started out early. I'm 25, and I have four year old daughter and eight month old son.

Kaitlynn (4) likes to color and help mommy with cooking. She also likes to watch James Bond with the old man. Aaron (8 months) has many hobbies, including throwing up, crying, pulling my hair, making interesting diapers, and throwing food at me [Linked Image]
Posted By: CTwireman Re: What are your kids into? - 01/29/04 11:32 PM
Hmmmmm.......I guess I'm still just a kid myself. I'm 24, not married and no children, but considering marriage..........

Peter
Posted By: iwire Re: What are your kids into? - 01/29/04 11:55 PM
She also likes to watch James Bond with the old man.

Dr. No?
Posted By: electure Re: What are your kids into? - 01/30/04 12:10 AM
My stepdaughter, 18, is a real gem.
Going to college to become an English teacher, works the rest of the time at a preschool.
She's also a volunteer counselor for the YMCA camps.
Never has done drugs, drank a couple of beers at 16 and didn't like it.
(I just wish she wasn't so much more experienced, smarter, and wiser than her mom and I are with our combined nearly 100 years) of life...Only in her dreams [Linked Image]...I'm blessed...S
Posted By: Electricmanscott Re: What are your kids into? - 01/30/04 12:32 AM
What a timely thread. 7 year old son just minutes ago completed his first electrical job. Made a circuit with a 6 volt battery, switch, and lamp holder. Very proud! 3 year old boy likes to drive big brother crazy!
Posted By: electricman2 Re: What are your kids into? - 01/30/04 12:32 AM
Looks like I'm the old man here. Four boys,youngest 35, oldest is 44. 3 are truck drivers, love NASCAR, other is regional manager for PEPSICO. Nine grandchildren, ages 4 to 20. Kind of nice to be called Papaw. Got one in second grade, he can beat me at checkers every time!
Posted By: Ryan_J Re: What are your kids into? - 01/30/04 01:28 AM
Bob:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
She also likes to watch James Bond with the old man.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dr. No?

Yes, Dr. no. I have all 20 of the Bond films, from Dr. No to Die another day. My favorite is "From Russia with love", and Kait's favorite is "Goldeneye".

You a Bond fan?
Posted By: Happi_Man Re: What are your kids into? - 01/30/04 02:27 AM
My daughter is 2 - cute as a button...

Eyeball (Monsters Inc.)
Cinnalella (Cinderella)
Bugs (A bugs Life)
&
Ogre (Shrek)

and now in this order everyday
Memo, Eyeball, Memo, Cinnalella, Memo, Eyeball, Memo, Bugs, Bugs, Bugs, Memo, Eyeball, Cinnalella, Memo, Ogre, Memo...

I have to admit...I haven't gotten sick of Memo yet.
Posted By: PCBelarge Re: What are your kids into? - 01/30/04 05:03 PM
Three girls, 19 , 16, 13.
The oldest is in college- we almost lost her to cancer. Love St Judes!!! She is an excellent student and wants to write.
16 year old loves boys - I am in the process of breaking arms and legs, it only helps me feel better [Linked Image]
13 year old is a genius and the prettiest of the bunch, she loves school.

like has been said - the time goes fast enjoy it!
BTW - I have watched with my girls Gone With The Wind about 400 times [Linked Image]

Pierre
Posted By: sparky Re: What are your kids into? - 01/30/04 09:31 PM
i forgot to mention, ALL kids in proximity to a ski area are into skiing here.

it's part of most school programs to let them out early & buss them in

the kicker being, if you kid doesn't ski, you get to pick him/her up @ 11:30 and blow off work once a week

so they will learn to ski & like it here

sort of a Joe Camel thing....

~S~
Posted By: iwire Re: What are your kids into? - 01/30/04 10:31 PM
By Ryan
You a Bond fan?

Not my favorite films but I like the Sean Connery ones.

I asked about Dr No because it was on my TV as I read your post and I thought you might be watching it too. [Linked Image]
Posted By: Mean Gene Re: What are your kids into? - 01/31/04 12:05 AM
chi spark, Yes, that was me.

sparky,You have been around electric too long . . .
& buss them in
[Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]
I do have cable, but never have time to watch it. [Linked Image] I keep it for the high speed internet. [Linked Image]

Bob I'm not really mean. It's just a nickname I got stuck with when I was a kid
Posted By: sparky Re: What are your kids into? - 01/31/04 01:53 PM
sparky,You have been around electric too long . .
maybe i need to lighten up ??
[Linked Image]
Posted By: CharlieK Re: What are your kids into? - 01/31/04 10:55 PM
Gene, I don't know how you do it. I have 4. I have a twenty one year daughter who is a teachers aide and after school daycare provider and in the summer she is a cook at a Boy Scout camp.
A nineteen year old son who is an apprentice with the NJATC and going to college to become an electrical engineer.
A seventeen year daughter who is attending an engineering based high school. She also wants to become an electrical engineer. And last but not least a seven year old son who is our miracle suprise. He loves his nintendo and playstation and will probally be a Lawyer or politician.
© ECN Electrical Forums