ECN Forum
Posted By: desoto SQUARE D am/fm radio breaker - 12/19/03 11:41 PM
Does anyone have for sale the SQUARE D breaker that is in fact an am/fm radio? They came out with this novelty radio for their 100th anniversary but I can't find one!
If anyone has any for sale please let me know!!

<email>gary@noveltyradio.com</email>
DeSoto Electric Co.
Posted By: Ryan_J Re: SQUARE D am/fm radio breaker - 12/19/03 11:42 PM
AM/FM? Would that be a 2 pole?
Posted By: desoto Re: SQUARE D am/fm radio breaker - 12/19/03 11:48 PM
it looks just like an AFCI or GFCI breaker. I can send you a picture of to you if you like!
Posted By: smokeeater 38 Re: SQUARE D am/fm radio breaker - 12/20/03 02:17 AM
Does it hook in the panel for while your working or is it battery operated and just sits around?
Posted By: desoto Re: SQUARE D am/fm radio breaker - 12/20/03 02:34 AM
its an actual am/fm radio that resembles a breaker and not really a breaker!
If you want to see some great novelty type radios please view my website! I am a licensed electrician and I collect novelty radios as well!
its http://www.noveltyradio.com
Posted By: Electric Eagle Re: SQUARE D am/fm radio breaker - 12/20/03 03:19 AM
Here you go! http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2211692270&category=932

It's yours for the bidding.
Posted By: NORCAL Re: SQUARE D am/fm radio breaker - 12/25/03 06:12 PM
Somebody wanted it pretty bad to bid $122.50 for it. I hope everyone is having a very Merry Christmas.
Posted By: SvenNYC Re: SQUARE D am/fm radio breaker - 12/25/03 06:43 PM
Yikes. And the only redeeming quality is the shape of the plastic cabinet of the radio.

I wonder if you can contact someone at Schneider/Square D to find out how to get one of these sets. Maybe they were just dealer/distributor giveaways that were given to new accounts?
Posted By: desoto Re: SQUARE D am/fm radio breaker - 12/25/03 10:03 PM
Thanks for the posts! The eBay radio went rediculous for sure, by two newbies with "o's" so it was fishy in my opinion! I have already contacted Square D/Schneider and their promotion site and they don't even have anymore!! It must have been a regional promotion for their 100th anniversary as none of the suppliers in the Western North Carolina area have even seen one! Thats why I want one, being a novelty radio collector!! Any help to locate one for my collection would be appreciated {but not for $120+ bucks!!}
Posted By: desoto Re: SQUARE D am/fm radio breaker - 01/24/04 03:22 AM
I won one of these radios and for less than what my high bid would have been!!
Yahoo! or is that....ebAY!!
Posted By: Matt Barrett Re: SQUARE D am/fm radio breaker - 01/26/04 01:18 AM
Hi, I am the one who won the ebay auction for the radio.

Yeah we got a little carried away on the bidding but I wanted it as a Christmas present to myself [Linked Image]

I have it in a small display case with the original box and paperwork (including a printout of the auction page.)

BTW I am an electrician apprentice in Connecticut and I love reading this forum!
Posted By: desoto Re: SQUARE D am/fm radio breaker - 01/26/04 02:12 AM
I can't wait to get mine! I think its fantastic that SQAURE D even had these made. They sure are tough to find cause I searched everywhere, even my own local suppliers couldn't find them. Thanks for the feedback Matt, and good luck with the apprenticeship, I have been an electrican now for 32 years and 22 years in business for myself! DeSoto Electric Co.
© ECN Electrical Forums