ECN Forum
Posted By: johnny cross reference for breakers - 12/14/03 10:48 PM
I was wondering if anyone had a chart for cross reference(fitting)of circuit breakers, I had one printed out that I kept in my van but it got lost. It came in handy for a quick look up to see what breakers would fit what panels.

Thanks
john
Posted By: caselec Re: cross reference for breakers - 12/14/03 11:02 PM
You need to read the label on the panel. There is no master list that shows what breakers go into each panel. Generally the breakers must be manufactured by the same company the makes the panel. There are some UL classified breakers the do work in many different panels but this information is required to be printed on the breaker. You also need to make sure you only use tandem breakers in the positions indicated on the panel. Fault current is another consideration that is very important.

Curt
Posted By: johnny Re: cross reference for breakers - 12/14/03 11:16 PM
thanks but I am quite aware of all of that.

What I really wanted was the list that I did have which showed interchangable breakers as challenger will fit into CutlerHammer and etc

I guess you dont have one
Thanks anyway
johnny
Posted By: stamcon Re: cross reference for breakers - 12/15/03 12:37 AM
Johnny, you can't use a replacement breaker just because it will physically fit. The replacement breaker must be UL classified to use as a replacement. Here is a link to Cutler-Hammer's classfied replacement breakers. http://www.eatonelectrical.com/NASA...es&cid=987090265970&Sec=products

steve

[This message has been edited by stamcon (edited 12-14-2003).]
Posted By: Edward Re: cross reference for breakers - 12/15/03 02:59 AM
I saw a booklet at a supply house from MURRAY that had all the listed and certified breakers. I tried to get a copy was not able to.
i also found a site from SIEMENS but can not recall that site.

Edward
Posted By: Edward Re: cross reference for breakers - 12/15/03 03:13 AM
http://www.sea.siemens.com/resident/docs/RPXR-S0002-0202.pdf

Above link is cross reference to panel boards. i know is not what you are looking for but it is a good list to have.

Edward
Posted By: Ryan_J Re: cross reference for breakers - 12/15/03 03:20 AM
Johnny: Perhaps you should read 110.3(B)

The comment "thanks but I'm aware of that" frightens me a bit. Are you able to choose wich codes and standards best fit your application and apply them?
© ECN Electrical Forums