ECN Forum
Posted By: ThinkGood Cable Pulling Lubricant Newsletter - 11/06/03 05:44 PM
http://www.polywater.com/techtalk18.pdf

Idea for new topic area: "Industry News."
Posted By: sparky Re: Cable Pulling Lubricant Newsletter - 11/07/03 01:29 AM
i'd like the something that won't freeze...
Posted By: ElectricAL Re: Cable Pulling Lubricant Newsletter - 11/07/03 03:49 AM
Hey Steve,

Take a look at the possibilities on this page . This is a local outfit for me. I like their stuff.
Posted By: u2slow Re: Cable Pulling Lubricant Newsletter - 11/07/03 05:38 AM
I spent a year on a site using nothing but the Polywater "PJ" formulation. The GC was cocerned that Yellow would stain the concrete causing paint problems. (PJ is translucent white).

It was excellent for stubborn ENT runs in concrete. Clean-up is easy - it just rinses away. We were using it for everything from #14 branch circuits to 500kcm distribution. Also makes for happy hands at the end of the day. (Seems to act as a moisturizer.)

We're back to Yelow now... seems my employer likes the price better [Linked Image]
Posted By: George Corron Re: Cable Pulling Lubricant Newsletter - 11/07/03 02:38 PM
FYI, I've had to perform a lot of Sidewall Bearing Pressure calcs. I won't allow yellow 77 on ANY MV cables. 77 just does not really cut it in comparison. There were several instances where we would have to install additional manholes because we greatly exceeded the SWBP of the cable manufacturers if not for the polywater.

Good Stuff
© ECN Electrical Forums