ECN Forum
Posted By: master66 Hand Crank Tugger - 09/25/03 01:17 AM
Does anyone know if anyone makes a tugger that is powered manually or a cordless drill through a gear reduction.

I thought something like this would be good for site lighting and branch circuits.

I am aware of the two small tuggers that are powered by right angle drills and a power threader but they both need power to operate.
Posted By: Pinemarten Re: Hand Crank Tugger - 09/25/03 09:12 AM
I thought about building one once. All you need is a reduction drive with a 'tugger' pulley on it. I never got around to doing the math on the ratio/torque versus size/weight/cost etc.
Posted By: electure Re: Hand Crank Tugger - 09/25/03 11:52 AM
Greenlee (used to at least) has a crank operated puller.
It looks so much like a fishing rod and conventional reel that I found it nearly impossible to use without daydreaming excessively, though...S [Linked Image]
Posted By: rmiell Re: Hand Crank Tugger - 09/25/03 05:54 PM
With the advent of high torque cordless drills, I'm sure one of the largest will mount instead of the usual Milwalkee type right angle drill on any of the pullers advertised. I found one advertised in EC & M made by MAXIS that shows a corded drill. There is one advertised in Electrical Contractor made by Express Tech. , that is 12 volt dc powered.

Rick Miell

[This message has been edited by rmiell (edited 09-25-2003).]

© ECN Electrical Forums