ECN Forum
Posted By: bmaugeri Do you need clerical help? - 07/23/01 06:19 PM
We are currently looking for new contracts Nationwide. We will answer phones, schedule you, type bids, order parts. We will be your full staff for the price of 20.00 a day please see our website for more information,
and thank you,
Beth Maugeri
Posted By: sparky Re: Do you need clerical help? - 07/23/01 07:45 PM
so....uh....got link???
Posted By: bmaugeri Re: Do you need clerical help? - 07/23/01 08:41 PM
Sorry! www.contractersoffice.net
Thanks again
Posted By: electure Re: Do you need clerical help? - 07/24/01 12:17 AM
Contracters? & here all this time I thought it was contractors! [Linked Image]
Posted By: bmaugeri Re: Do you need clerical help? - 07/24/01 02:12 AM
I can spell! That domain was taken!!
Had to settle. Sorry
Posted By: Bill Addiss Re: Do you need clerical help? - 07/24/01 02:17 AM
Honestly, many probably don't know the difference!

[Linked Image]
Bill
Posted By: bmaugeri Re: Do you need clerical help? - 07/24/01 03:43 AM
Ok So won't you please go to the site and check our services??? We are adding one where you can check your calendar and messages from the site with a password, you can also check Jobs that need to be finished, parts on order and completed jobs through invoicing that hasn't been paid, all for 20.00 a day!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Do you need clerical help? - 07/24/01 03:58 AM
Would you mind correcting all the misspellings, missing images, and boiler plate language that is under your control?
Posted By: sparky Re: Do you need clerical help? - 07/24/01 08:07 AM
Do you offer any collection services?
Posted By: bmaugeri Re: Do you need clerical help? - 07/24/01 10:01 AM
Yes, Sparky we will do collection services.

The webpage is under construction excuse the images. Wow this is a tough room!
Posted By: bmaugeri Re: Do you need clerical help? - 07/24/01 10:24 AM
The images and links are down because as I stated above we are currently adding a place where you can access your own account for messages and schedule and everything else we have done for you.
Posted By: sparky Re: Do you need clerical help? - 07/24/01 11:10 AM
yes Beth,
it's a dog eat dog trade, contracting is not for wallflowers.
we get solicitations constantly, so if you survive the hazing your in.
i'm interested in what collection 'teeth' you have.
Posted By: sparky Re: Do you need clerical help? - 07/24/01 11:21 AM
the on-line site operator looks interesting..

[Linked Image]
Posted By: bmaugeri Re: Do you need clerical help? - 07/24/01 11:28 AM
It is unfortunately all of it is down wile they update the site! You can call the toll free number though and speak with me about setting up and account or any questions you might have.
Posted By: electure Re: Do you need clerical help? - 07/24/01 11:58 AM
Beth, Although this may seem like a tough group, let me explain.
One of our chores here is to help each other interpret "NECese", a language that is spoken by few, and understood by even fewer.
In our world, a clerical error such as a typo or omission on a lighting fixture or switchgear order can cost a lot.
If a $20,000 switchgear order comes out wrong after the 6-8 week manufacturing leadtime and has to be sent back, restocking charges can be up to 50%. Another 6-8 wks for the correct gear to be shipped can put an entire project into dormancy, and cause the contractor responsible to pay what are called liquidated damages. In the case of a large store, for instance, these might amount to what the store would make if it were open. Add to this the fact that you will lose the account, and you can see the results of a mistake can be disastrous.
The company I work for has:
A purchasing agent @ $42K yr.
A field super (scheduling)-$50K yr.
A secretary (phones)
2 Project Managers (billing & change orders)
All of these people work full time. It's a monumental task.
Posted By: bmaugeri Re: Do you need clerical help? - 07/24/01 12:08 PM
Our services are for the small private contractor to compete with companies such as your own.
Of course we could not do all we do for a company as large as yours. If you go to the website and read it states that the fee is for contractors with 5 or less employee's.
Also I do understand the spelling and clerical side, we had to take this name the correct spelling was not available and most of the time you will follow links to a site and not see what's in the browser.
I meant no disrespect to you.
We think it is a great way to help the little guy have services he may not be able to afford otherwise.
Also I send no communications until it is approved by the client.

Beth Maugeri
Remote Office Solutions
Posted By: bmaugeri Re: Do you need clerical help? - 07/24/01 12:21 PM
Sparky,
We will send a new invoice stating a 30 day deadline or a lein will be placed on the property.
After the 30days we will proceed to file, at least they can't sell without you getting your money back.
If you have the phone # we will call and explain this also.
There are laws to get your wages from people, they employed you and never paid. We explain this and that's a Federal Offense.
Most people pay up by now but if not we file and you would have to pay the extra filing fee. (court costs) These will of course be added to what they owe you.
We have a client now who had 67,000 on the street, we've gotten him back half in 20 days.
He's happy with that. Also it all went directly to him,the customer pays you directly most clients appreciate that.

[This message has been edited by bmaugeri (edited 07-24-2001).]
Posted By: bmaugeri Re: Do you need clerical help? - 07/24/01 12:22 PM
Sparky,
Also we get no commission out of what you collect. Just our 20.00 a day fee.
Posted By: electure Re: Do you need clerical help? - 07/24/01 07:08 PM
I wasn't trying to show disrespect for your enterprise. I was only trying to impress the importance of accuracy in parts numbers, proper wording of documents, etc. These are tough problems even for those with a lifetime in the trades.
The mishandling of these issues could break most small contractors quickly.
(I personally omitted the letter "R" in a part number once, and ordered parts that could not be used outdoors. This little oops cost the company I worked for nearly $10K, and I'm sure very nearly cost me my job).
Posted By: bmaugeri Re: Do you need clerical help? - 07/24/01 11:36 PM
Understood! Belive me everyday in every company these mistakes are costly.
No harm done.
So did all of you have a great day???
Everyone was talking then disappeared.
I hoped you all had to get to work.
Posted By: bmaugeri Re: Do you need clerical help? - 07/25/01 12:26 PM
here is alittle more advice for you doing large jobs!Invoice Frequently

Your contract should allow for frequent progress payments.

Frequent invoicing does several things: First, it helps your cash flow. Secondly, it allows the customer to understand that work has been done. Therefore, the customer may not have the opportunity to later say, "I didn't know that you had done this." Payment by the owner would be a means of proving acceptance of the work paid for. Further, if there is going to be a dispute, you are better off having the breakdown occur early. If you are going to have problems collecting your money, it would be better that you are owed a little rather than a lot.

Good luck!
Beth
Remote Office Solutions
© ECN Electrical Forums