ECN Forum
Posted By: Amps times Volts Pay - 09/09/03 02:38 AM
An electrician with 3000 hours should receive how much pay per hour? Sorry if this is off the subject, but I figured this was the general "q" area, so I'm asking.
Posted By: Redsy Re: Pay - 09/09/03 10:40 AM
Where do you live?
Posted By: The_Lightman Re: Pay - 09/09/03 09:24 PM
Try http://www.salary.com
Posted By: Amps times Volts Re: Pay - 09/10/03 12:02 AM
Wahington State
Posted By: marixelectric_dfw Re: Pay - 03/03/04 01:02 AM
are youa member of ibew?
Posted By: CRW Re: Pay - 03/03/04 01:33 AM
Not an easy question. Let's say you were in the union, and Journeyman's rate was $30. This is reasonable in many locals right now. At your level, as you say, 3000hrs., you would be making roughly half that, or around $15/hr. I'm assuming you aren't in the union, or you would know all this, and wouldn't be asking this question here.

If you're non-union, it's up to the contractor. Completing an apprenticeship, which takes around 8000 hrs. at least, usually, doesn't guarantee getting X amount of money like the apprenticeship in the union does, but it shows your employer that you have some training and are probably worth more than a non-trained worker.

The same union journeyman who makes $30/hr. may only get hired at $15 or less at a non-union shop. After he proves himself, his wage could move up, and in a few years he may make in the $20's. It all depends on the area, the contractor, the type of work being done, and especially the individual and his abilities.
© ECN Electrical Forums