ECN Forum
Posted By: Happi_Man Scheduling - 06/18/03 02:10 AM
Does anyone have any scheduling tips. We are getting slammed for the first time and I feel like I'm not getting things done fast enough. I know I have to be up front with people when I am booked but its so hard to tell them I can't get there for a week... I don't want to lose customers...

I need advice because I'm losin' my mind over here!!
Posted By: Redsy Re: Scheduling - 06/18/03 10:52 AM
I tell them that althought I'm very busy, I will "TRY" to make towards the end of the week,(or next week, etc). It buys you some time, and keeps the customer available to you(usually) in case an opening pops up. If you can't make it, call a few days ahead of time and say so. It is common courtesy, and if you lose the customer, so be it.
Posted By: BuggabooBren Re: Scheduling - 06/18/03 06:45 PM
You can be both honest and give yourself some leeway with offering to be there by a certain date as mentioned above.

You might offer, if YOU have any interest, in providing premium/preferred type of service (usually OT for you) but it would definitely have to come with a premium pricetag.

Other than that, you can offer any cancellation or delay-caused spots to them at regular rates while scheduling them in your next available time.

The good/bad news is that it might indicate you need more help.
Posted By: Electric Eagle Re: Scheduling - 06/19/03 06:42 PM
Most good contractors will understand if they call you and you are out 2 weeks. They should be giving you at least that much lead time. Not many subs can work somebody in the next day. We've been working 50-60 hours a week for a while now, but if one of my best contractors(pays on time) needed us, we would find a way to do the work if it meant working all weekend and paying lots of overtime.
© ECN Electrical Forums