ECN Forum
Posted By: Trumpy ECN Humour - 06/07/03 10:52 AM
It's great that we have a resident bunch of people that love a joke or two.
And I am willing to get in on this fun myself.
In the thread provided by rmiell,is the case in point, just a few people having a good time together(as are most of our Forums, I would actively encourage this, with the blessing of Bill A.
After all, what's life, If you can't have a good laugh at it every now and then, Eh?. [Linked Image]

[This message has been edited by Trumpy (edited 06-07-2003).]
Posted By: Bjarney Re: ECN Humour - 06/07/03 05:57 PM
I surely agree with you Trumpy. Being able to effortlessly trade jokes with folks three-quarters of the way around the planet—almost in real time—while sitting at home or work is something I never imagined would be possible.

[It wasn’t that long ago some thought Telstar and thousands of miles of buried glass strand were very stupid ideas.]

[This message has been edited by Bjarney (edited 06-07-2003).]
Posted By: Bill Addiss Re: ECN Humour - 06/07/03 06:02 PM
Good Company here!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: iwire Re: ECN Humour - 06/07/03 06:09 PM
I really enjoy the atmosphere here, we can discuss serious subjects but still inject some humor.

In my mind the humor does not take away from the excellent info I have learned here.

I never imagined communicating with people from all over the world and I find it interesting to learn how they do things.

Bill I do not know how you make this site work financially but I thank you for doing so.

Bob
Posted By: txsparky Re: ECN Humour - 06/07/03 06:23 PM
You guys have said it all [Linked Image]. I have only one thing to add. Thank you,Thank you,Thank you Bill. You Da Man!!!!

[Linked Image from pages.sbcglobal.net]

Donnie
Posted By: Roger Re: ECN Humour - 06/07/03 07:12 PM
I reflect the same sentiment as already stated.

Shoot, it seems as though I have more conversations with people miles and miles away than I do with people in my own town.

Roger
Posted By: Electricmanscott Re: ECN Humour - 06/07/03 10:09 PM
Thank you! I'll be here all week! Try the veal...
Posted By: electure Re: ECN Humour - 06/07/03 11:18 PM
Although sometimes our humor (humour)here has been criticized by others as "not taking safety seriously", I know that the people here are more concerned about the safety of others than any other group of people I've ever known...Sometimes people take my attitude as "black humor", but it provides a relief to us, after the dangerous things we all see on a day to day basis, and aren't able to correct...S
Heck with 'em if they can't take a joke [Linked Image]
Posted By: pauluk Re: ECN Humour - 06/08/03 11:43 AM
Well, what can I say but to endorse the comments already made? [Linked Image]

A little humor injected here and there certainly makes the day go better.

As for world-wide communications, we have certainly come a long way. The time it hits you is when you realize you have more friends on the Net that you've never met than you do in your local neighborhood!
Posted By: harold endean Re: ECN Humour - 06/09/03 12:36 AM
Bill,

You have heard/seen me praise this board before, and I still will. As for humor, if we didn't have any we would all be a bunch of very boring and grumpy people. As for my self, my motto is," Laugh because the whole damn thing is a joke."
Posted By: Scotts Re: ECN Humour - 06/09/03 05:35 PM
A horse walks into a bar and the bartender says "Hey you! Why the long face?!"

You can call me a cab, just don't call me late for dinner.
Posted By: wa2ise Re: ECN Humour - 06/09/03 08:58 PM
Years ago I saw some linemen doing some work on the local distribution powerlines around here. One of them showed his coworker a modified glove (fingers cut off) for "fine detail work, and for the best feel, on those high voltage
jobs". They both laughed, as they understood that you would never touch high voltage that way. The glove probably had a defect and the guy cut the fingers off to make sure nobody ever used them again.

Those gloves must be made special so that a sharp wire "splinter" doesn't cut thru and nail your finger and zap all of you.
© ECN Electrical Forums