ECN Forum
Posted By: sparky How do i - 06/01/03 11:22 AM
get ALL the no-lox out of the container?
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Roger Re: How do i - 06/01/03 12:49 PM
When it stops coming out, go wash your hands, come back and pick the container up again, you will find enough on your clean hands to do another service. [Linked Image]

Roger
Posted By: golf junkie Re: How do i - 06/01/03 01:56 PM
LOL @ Roger!

I usually cut the top of the bottle off. The problem then is to keep it from spreading to everything else that you carry on the truck.

GJ
Posted By: sparky Re: How do i - 06/02/03 10:09 AM
yeah but there is...

the 'tube' model

the 'bottle & brush' model

the 'bottle' model
Posted By: wocolt Re: How do i - 06/02/03 01:19 PM
It just my way but I always buy to 4 oz bottles squeeze type, open them up and look inside they never fill them up a good 1/2 below the thread so I use one to fill the other up to the brim, then tap it and add some more, always have enough and it always comes out.

WC
Posted By: rmiell Re: How do i - 06/02/03 05:57 PM
For great information on not using no-lox visit Mike Forisiter to Mike Holt

Rick Miell
Posted By: Electric Eagle Re: How do i - 06/02/03 10:20 PM
rmiell, that's just great that the UL doesn't think we need a compound on the wire, but you try and tell that to an inspector when he fails your 600 amp service you worked all day to build. [Linked Image]
Posted By: golf junkie Re: How do i - 06/02/03 10:36 PM
"These instructions will accompany the product. "

Yea, right!
Posted By: ga.sparky56 Re: How do i - 06/02/03 10:54 PM
I also cut the top off the bottle.

It has the bonus of attracting all those loose wirenuts,staples,ground screws etc. and keeping them in 1 place. [Linked Image]
Posted By: sparky Re: How do i - 06/03/03 12:04 AM
alrighty then,

i guess i'll be a 'bottle cutter'

so which one of us is going to cop the &50 on this in the 'Ideas that Work" section?
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Bjarney Re: How do i - 06/03/03 12:15 AM
Take emergency work break. Buy emergency ice cream bar on wood stick. Discard ice cream by any convenient manner to avoid contamination. {Get spare ice cream bars.} Keep receipts for tax returns. ;-)
Posted By: Bill Addiss Re: How do i - 06/03/03 01:11 AM
If you cut the top off you can dip the wire in there too, and then buy a cone instead of a pop!

[Linked Image]
Bill
Posted By: ga.sparky56 Re: How do i - 06/03/03 02:20 AM
While we're on the subject of noalox,I use cu. for most of my services(residential).

Due to the influence of a previous employer.and out of habit,I use noalox on cu. conductors also.

Is this a bad habit,poor practice?
Posted By: resqcapt19 Re: How do i - 06/03/03 02:28 AM
Due to the influence of a previous employer.and out of habit,I use noalox on cu. conductors also.
Some of these products are listed for use with aluminum only, others listed for copper/aluminum, and still others listed for copper/copper, or combinations of theses. Look at the instructions. There is at least one compound that is not suitable for copper/copper connections.
Don
Posted By: ga.sparky56 Re: How do i - 06/03/03 02:36 AM
Thanks Don.
© ECN Electrical Forums