ECN Forum
Posted By: Trumpy Work clothes?? - 05/25/03 03:59 AM
Gidday there guys,
Just wondering, do you have a set work uniform(overalls) or if you don't what do you wear to work?
Please let us know.......
Posted By: dougwells Re: Work clothes?? - 05/25/03 05:15 AM
Carhartt Bib Style coveralls
Posted By: Trumpy Re: Work clothes?? - 05/25/03 05:52 AM
Hi there Doug,
Welcome to ECN!!,
Normally I wear overalls or during the summer, just jeans and a t-shirt.
Have the thick overalls on when I am doing Line Work.
As well as all the other stuff!.
Posted By: zapped208 Re: Work clothes?? - 05/25/03 11:55 AM
Winter... Carhart bibs... Spring and fall... jeans and t-shirt....summer...if it ever gets here....shorts and t-shirt...if not on a union or rate project.
Posted By: Zapped Re: Work clothes?? - 05/25/03 07:47 PM
Here in Southern California, we don't have a winter, so it's Levi's and a T-shirt with the company logo.

When it get's really hot, maybe just a tool belt [Linked Image]
Posted By: Bjarney Re: Work clothes?? - 05/25/03 08:08 PM
In NorCal, from April through October, the toolbelt alone is OK, but local ordinance requires the "g-string" version—except in Berkeley and Santa Cruz where you can substitute fishnet stockings.
Posted By: dougwells Re: Work clothes?? - 05/25/03 08:21 PM
thanks trumpy for the welcome I have been reading and seaching this forum for about 4 months and find it very helpfull and glad i am not alone as per the old contractor new to forum thread thanks again
Posted By: classicsat Re: Work clothes?? - 05/26/03 02:49 AM
Dickies. (A popular brand of work trousers in these parts, their factory is less than 30 miles from here). I usually wear a sweatshirt or T-shirt on top, or on the cool
places/times, a lined jacket, or even a parka
if need be. On cold days, I wear jogging pants underneath. If it's a light job, I
might just wear jogging pants/sweat/t-shirt.
Posted By: electure Re: Work clothes?? - 05/26/03 12:49 PM
Depending on the job:
Industrial jobs=Bib overalls
Commercial jobs=Jeans & T-shirt
Service work =Clean (very) Jeans & T-shirt
We never wear shorts, tank tops, or tennis shoes. Our safety rules require boots, long pants, and shirts that cover the shoulders.
Bjarney's fishnets would probably only be acceptable in Hollywood.(How do you climb a ladder in spiked heels?)..S
Posted By: Bjarney Re: Work clothes?? - 05/26/03 04:21 PM
electure, that's a good question about spiked heels. In light of the new "espresso maker within six feet" rule by CalOSHA, ladders have been universally replaced with scissor lifts having a convenient appliance shelf and quad 20-ampere receptacle.
Posted By: SvenNYC Re: Work clothes?? - 05/26/03 05:55 PM
I dunno if wearing shorts or tanktops at a worksite is a good idea. I can still remember about half a year ago using a magnet to get iron splinters out of my legs and hands after I used a small rotary tool to grind out a retaining ring for my apartment door peephole. I think I still have two or so in my fingers (I can see the black spots under the skin).

I learned my lesson...now it's leather gloves and full length clothing whenever I'm doing any grinding/drilling! [Linked Image]

The thought of Bjarney in stillettos, fishnet stockings and a thong is not something I want to entertain....even if I happened to be hanging out in San Francisco's Castro District. [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Miniskirt is optional.
Posted By: Bjarney Re: Work clothes?? - 05/26/03 10:36 PM
It's hilarious to poke fun—but Carhartt, look out!
http://www.utilikilts.com/Workman.htm
Posted By: dougwells Re: Work clothes?? - 05/27/03 12:46 AM
I like the beverage compartment idea
Posted By: njelectricmaster Re: Work clothes?? - 05/27/03 03:53 AM
I think I will have to order one just to see the look on everyones face whe I walk onto the job site! [Linked Image]
Posted By: sparky Re: Work clothes?? - 05/27/03 10:55 AM
I like it!
[Linked Image]
we could sing celtic tunes on the job!
Posted By: condenseddave Re: Work clothes?? - 05/29/03 05:00 AM
Special snap feature in there.

Excellent idea. [Linked Image]
Posted By: njelectricmaster Re: Work clothes?? - 05/30/03 03:53 AM
Yeah, I think with the way half of the plumbers are around here, the snap is a MUST.

Jon
Posted By: condenseddave Re: Work clothes?? - 05/30/03 02:04 PM
They need to add built in suspenders, too.

The effect of "buttcrack" would be multiplied with a kilt.

(Nowhere to run, nowhere to hide...)

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Trumpy Re: Work clothes?? - 05/30/03 09:40 PM
Thanks for the comments, guys!.
In the last couple of years I've started to wear overalls less and less, I hate thier restrictiveness(?) around the shoulders.
But I've also been caught out a few times and have had to change my clothes after having to crawl through an underfloor area that wasn't anticipated.
Posted By: Trumpy Re: Work clothes?? - 06/07/03 11:12 AM
Mind you,
Wearing sharpened Stilleto's would save buying a set of climbing spikes!. [Linked Image]
© ECN Electrical Forums