ECN Forum
Posted By: C-H Teleporting Squirrel - 05/19/03 06:55 PM
I found a tale on the net:
http://www.ecg-llc.com/cases.html
Posted By: Bjarney Re: Teleporting Squirrel - 05/20/03 04:03 AM
C-H, that is a prefect use of the internet to pass on information.
Posted By: Big A Re: Teleporting Squirrel - 05/20/03 11:57 AM
Helllo C-H,

Reminds me of a service call I went on once. The lights were out at a certain intersection and after doing the usual checks, I noticed a small grass fire about 50 yards from the intersection. I walked over to check it out and in the middle of the fire was a black, smoking, charred object that resembled a squirrel. As I wondered how the little critter got there, I noticed that I was standing by a utility pole. I looked up the pole and I saw a huge burn mark on it up where the guide wire connected to the pole. I figured out then that the little guy was doing his tight rope act when he got to the end of the line. He tried to get off the wire but he touched the guide wire while still on the hot wire. POOF I reckon I should have took him home and fed him to the youngin's as he was still fresh and all, but we just had finished dinner!
Posted By: C-H Re: Teleporting Squirrel - 05/20/03 02:31 PM
Bjarney, ?
Posted By: Bjarney Re: Teleporting Squirrel - 05/20/03 05:39 PM
C-H, without the internet what are the chances of any of us ever seeing the images and descriptions at the ecg-llc site?

[This message has been edited by Bjarney (edited 05-20-2003).]
Posted By: C-H Re: Teleporting Squirrel - 05/20/03 07:12 PM
Ah, so that was what you meant. The [Linked Image] icon made me think you were ironic in some way I failed to understand. I agree the internet is a wonderful thing.
Posted By: Bjarney Re: Teleporting Squirrel - 05/20/03 09:03 PM
[Sorry C-H. I use that one for everything.]
Posted By: Nick Re: Teleporting Squirrel - 05/21/03 12:31 AM
they removed the man hole cover and climbed down inside.

This sentence missing a few descriptions like, how they tested the air in the vault before they entered and how they followed all confined space entry rules prior to descending down the “suspicious looking round object.”
I’m sure they did all that, right? [Linked Image]

I must say though very clean vault work. Interesting article.
© ECN Electrical Forums