ECN Forum
Posted By: LK Pool Circuit - 04/26/03 03:55 AM
When running a pool pump circuit I have noticed some installations have only the pump on it's own circuit and some have the additional required outlet on the same circuit.
Posted By: nesparky Re: Pool Circuit - 04/26/03 05:59 AM
Depends on the motor size- if the motor load is less than 50% of the circuit breaker it's usually accepted.
Posted By: Obsaleet Re: Pool Circuit - 04/26/03 02:28 PM
Is that really a good idea? Lets say you show up to service this thing and have no cordless drill you will have to run an cord back to main house.

Ob
Posted By: LK Re: Pool Circuit - 04/26/03 06:32 PM
Ob:
We are not talking about eliminating the outlet. Including it with the pump feed circuit. The 10 to 20 foot from pool wall must always be used. Some AJH would like to see the pump on it's own circuit.
Posted By: spyder Re: Pool Circuit - 04/26/03 07:19 PM
Most pool pump manufacturers require a dedicated ciruit.
Posted By: LK Re: Pool Circuit - 04/27/03 01:31 AM
Spyder:
I think you may have the answer why some AHJ require it has it's own circuit. However, Is the manufacture recommending or requiring. For my pool pump the manufacture recommends a seperate circuit not requires it.

[This message has been edited by LK (edited 04-26-2003).]

[This message has been edited by LK (edited 04-26-2003).]
Posted By: harold endean Re: Pool Circuit - 04/27/03 02:27 AM
Pool motors can be on the same circuit as the convience outlet. It is not against the code. The code does not say that the pool motor has to be on it's own circuit. HOWEVER the manufacture of the motor might require the motor to be on it's own circuit then it would fall under sec. 110-3(b) which says that we have to follow the manufactures instructions. Also if the motor was exceptionaly big and drew a lot of power, than a dedicated circuit might be required.
© ECN Electrical Forums