ECN Forum
Posted By: Roger Simple Minded - 04/02/03 10:31 PM
I guess we all saw the brain power of a very Simple Minded person earlier today. I for one will take this vast knowledge of, uhh these great thoughts, uhh these great... What was it that this person said? [Linked Image]

Roger
Posted By: CTwireman Re: Simple Minded - 04/02/03 10:42 PM
It's a shame that ECN had to be attacked by overwhelming stupidity. I guess some high school students got a few laughs today. Hoepfully, they will grow up somtime. I won't hold my breath, though.

In the meantime, thank goodness for the "delete" funtion!

Peter
Posted By: mamills Re: Simple Minded - 04/02/03 10:42 PM
It looks like it was a very serious case of inbreeding [Linked Image].

Thanks to our moderator for "taking out the trash".

Mike (mamills)
Posted By: wocolt Re: Simple Minded - 04/02/03 11:39 PM
You gotta remember to lock the back door at night, otherwise all kinds of 'critters' sneak in, and thems their good points.

WOC
Posted By: zapped208 Re: Simple Minded - 04/03/03 12:22 AM
Yeah, a real couple of wing nuts!
Posted By: Electric Eagle Re: Simple Minded - 04/03/03 02:17 AM
Hey, What did I miss? I'll have to quit working if ya'll are going to have fun during the day. [Linked Image]
Posted By: lighthouse Re: Simple Minded - 04/03/03 03:52 AM
hey joe...did you you get his/her ip address
Posted By: Trumpy Re: Simple Minded - 04/04/03 12:48 PM
Lighthouse,
What do you mean?, a mass e-mail assault?. [Linked Image]
Posted By: Joe Tedesco Re: Simple Minded - 04/04/03 01:38 PM
hey joe...did you you get his/her ip address

Thanks, I will keep watch too!

[This message has been edited by Joe Tedesco (edited 04-05-2003).]
Posted By: mamills Re: Simple Minded - 04/04/03 02:21 PM
I guess I should say this in defense of Bill (not that he needs it, of course), I feel that he became aware of this and took the appropriate action in a timely manner. I stayed on the ECN site for some time while all this was happening, and I have a feeling that Bill was trying to destroy these posts as quickly as they appeared...at one point, it seemed that these moron-posts were reproducing like rabbits. I'm glad that Bill finally got the upper hand on this.

I'm not sure how I feel at this point about retaliation. I certainly don't feel good about sinking to their inferior level. I wonder if there is any way of prosecuting these imbeciles.

Mike (mamills)
Posted By: SvenNYC Re: Simple Minded - 04/04/03 02:45 PM
It's tempting to mass-email assault idiots like that.

However, I bet you 10:1 that the fool was no fool and was probably doing it from a library computer, an "internet cafe" or his school computer lab and using a Hotmail email address.

The only thing this would accomplish is clogging the entire Internet with even MORE garbage than what's out there already. [Linked Image]
Posted By: pauluk Re: Simple Minded - 04/04/03 05:50 PM
Guys,

It's impossible to monitor 24 hours a day, and Bill did indeed delete the offensive posts as soon as he became aware of them.

I had already removed a few from the non-U.S. area, but I believe there were around 100 messages in all, so it took a little while.
Posted By: Bill Addiss Re: Simple Minded - 04/04/03 07:07 PM
Paul is correct,

The only alternative that would help to deter incidents like we saw is to have settings where each registration must be 'approved' by someone before they can post anything. This feature is 'on' at the moment, but as a rule may not be the best way to leave it, and no guarantee that it could not happen again if the person(s) are really determined to cause trouble.

Bill

[This message has been edited by Bill Addiss (edited 04-04-2003).]
Posted By: Trumpy Re: Simple Minded - 04/04/03 11:22 PM
Bill,
That's a good idea! [Linked Image]
Mike,
I agree(in hind-sight), that retaliating to this, would be stupid.
Sorry to all for even suggesting it. [Linked Image]
Posted By: Roger Re: Simple Minded - 04/05/03 12:46 AM
Bill, I think we take you for granted at times. I know I do. So as others have said, I want to say Thank You and Good Job.

Roger
Posted By: Trumpy Re: Simple Minded - 04/05/03 08:00 AM
Roger,
I couldn't have said it better myself!.
Thanks a lot Bill, without you, there would be no ECN!.
Keep it up, mate, we are ALL pulling for you!!. [Linked Image]
© ECN Electrical Forums