ECN Forum
Posted By: jones4409 romex basket - 03/11/03 01:26 AM
Can anyone tell me where I can buy a romex basket. Have check Lowes and Home Depot and several local supply houses. Any help would be appreciated.
Posted By: Electricmanscott Re: romex basket - 03/11/03 01:28 AM
A WHAT?
Posted By: iwire Re: romex basket - 03/11/03 01:37 AM
Something like this?
[Linked Image from us-econ.com]
Posted By: Electricmanscott Re: romex basket - 03/11/03 01:53 AM
I just bought some stuff to make my own. I can't really explain how but I have an idea in my head. Here is something else that might do the trick. http://www.assoc-elec-prod.com/wwfeatures.htm
Posted By: Trumpy Re: romex basket - 03/11/03 06:24 AM
Thanks for the pic, iwire.
So that's what Romex, looks like, I have never seen a real picture of it. [Linked Image]
Posted By: lighthouse Re: romex basket - 03/11/03 07:19 AM
Trumpy....so you know,thats not romex.
that's mc or bx cable
Posted By: iwire Re: romex basket - 03/11/03 10:41 AM
I could not find a picture with RX but the basket I showed was for both.

I have seen home made versions, they used the ball bearing unit you would use under a kitchen cabinet "lazy Susan" like this
[Linked Image from woodworkerswarehouse.com]

With a couple of circles of plywood, and a street safety cone in the middle to drop the RX over.
Posted By: sparky Re: romex basket - 03/11/03 12:02 PM
I believe Virgil had a thread on how he made his own, a coffee can version is memory serves...
Posted By: kale Re: romex basket - 03/11/03 06:51 PM
Check out this link for Greenlee's selection. http://www.greenlee.textron.com/download/archive/131.pdf
Posted By: Electricmanscott Re: romex basket - 03/11/03 10:59 PM
When I make mine this weekend I'll send in a picture.
Posted By: golf junkie Re: romex basket - 03/12/03 12:21 AM
We have one we call a stud reeler.
It's built to hang on any 2x4 stud wall and works great on the rare occasion that we do any residential work.

GJ
Posted By: wocolt Re: romex basket - 03/12/03 01:41 AM
So thats a basket ? Always thought it was a pay-off reel.
I have seen a couple of them one made by Cerro Steel really heavy duty and are stackable, downside is they go for about a 90 dollars.
they even have them availbable to clamp on to basement posts. If you run alot of romex they are worth the price.

WOC
© ECN Electrical Forums