ECN Forum
Posted By: sparkyinak Looking for an odd duck - 03/01/17 10:07 AM
I hope I make sense with this. I for looking for crimp on lug that upsizes the wire to meet the minimal terminal wire size. I don't want to pull a larger wire due to costs and needless wire fill in race way. I'm sure they are out there but I don't know their proper terminology. I'll be landing #16 gauge wire in #14 gauge terminal. Thanx up front
Posted By: Admin Re: Looking for an odd duck - 03/02/17 03:06 AM
Could you use something like this:

[Linked Image from ferrulesdirect.com]

http://www.ferrulesdirect.com/electrical/WIRE_FERRULES.htm

Posted By: gfretwell Re: Looking for an odd duck - 03/02/17 09:56 AM
It may not be legal but I see guys folding the wire over so it ends up being twice the size.
Posted By: HotLine1 Re: Looking for an odd duck - 03/02/17 08:43 PM
As Greg said, folding over is seen in the field. As to it being compliant??

I understand where you are coming from with this, but I can't say I have ever seen any item to 'make it bigger'.

Posted By: sparkyinak Re: Looking for an odd duck - 03/02/17 11:46 PM
Something like that but aren't Ferrels listed for only certain terminals? Would they work in a clam shell terminal? I may just use forks and call it good

Posted By: Admin Re: Looking for an odd duck - 03/03/17 09:23 AM
Originally Posted by sparkyinak
Something like that but aren't Ferrels listed for only certain terminals? Would they work in a clam shell terminal? I may just use forks and call it good

Ahh, You didn't say what kind of terminal you were connecting to, so use a 14-16AWG Fork crimp connector and that's that?
Posted By: sparkyinak Re: Looking for an odd duck - 03/04/17 08:14 AM
Just in General. I could be wrong but I think ferrels can be used on terminals listed for ferrels. I never used them nor I'm not a fan of them. Seems like a lot of work when simple craftmenship gets the job done right without the added costs of ferrels
© ECN Electrical Forums