ECN Forum
Posted By: petey_c Old Company tee shirts - 09/29/15 03:52 PM
I'm the sole employee of my business. Over the past few years I accumulated a dozen or so company tee shirts that are no longer suitable to show up at someone's house in and I don't need that many shirts for crappy around the house jobs. I'd donate them, but I know some cut them up for rags (I'm okay with that) and others bale them and sell them by the pound (kilo) here or overseas. I don't want to see someone who picked up one or more of my shirts at a thrift store, pretending to be an electrician. Or am I just over thinking this as I get older? Thanks, Pete
Posted By: gfretwell Re: Old Company tee shirts - 09/29/15 04:37 PM
I suppose you could burn them like old flags wink
Posted By: HotLine1 Re: Old Company tee shirts - 09/29/15 08:20 PM
Most of mine went to the incinerator when I closed shop.

I kept two or three just for the memories.
Posted By: gfretwell Re: Old Company tee shirts - 09/30/15 08:22 AM
I still have an Endean Electric T shirt from the old "secret society" days
Posted By: renosteinke Re: Old Company tee shirts - 10/01/15 12:50 AM
I have noticed a trend of companies ever-so-royally decreeing that employees wear "high visibility" T-Shirts .... while the cheap jackalopes expect their miserly paid help to run off to Wal-Mart and buy the darn things out of their poverty-level wages.

I'd look for some employees of such firms, and donate them. Let Scrooge see his crew advertising the competition! If he doesn't like it, he can print up his own.
Posted By: electure Re: Old Company tee shirts - 10/10/15 03:21 AM
I'm a one man show too.

When my personal T-shirts are no longer presentable, I might wear them around the house or to bed.
When they get beyond the pale, I tear them up for shop rags.

Previous employers T-shirts are treated pretty much the same way they treated me. I'll do the same as I do for my personal shirts if the treated me fairly.

(With one cheap "the check's in the mail" employer I gave my remaining shirts to a charity group that distributed them on Skid Row in Los Angeles about 15 years ago.)
Posted By: NORCAL Re: Old Company tee shirts - 10/10/15 05:09 AM
Originally Posted by electure
I'm a one man show too.

When my personal T-shirts are no longer presentable, I might wear them around the house or to bed.
When they get beyond the pale, I tear them up for shop rags.

Previous employers T-shirts are treated pretty much the same way they treated me. I'll do the same as I do for my personal shirts if the treated me fairly.

(With one cheap "the check's in the mail" employer I gave my remaining shirts to a charity group that distributed them on Skid Row in Los Angeles about 15 years ago.)

Did you get any feedback on your donation?
Posted By: electure Re: Old Company tee shirts - 10/10/15 01:56 PM
Originally Posted by NORCAL
Did you get any feedback on your donation?

Just the personal satisfaction knowing I'd donated my tee-shirts to those that deserve it (a bunch of winos) was plenty enough for me. smile
Posted By: Lostazhell Re: Old Company tee shirts - 10/10/15 06:20 PM
Scott, I came across a shirt from our "mutual former employer" not long ago digging through some boxes I hadn't touched in years laugh.
Posted By: electure Re: Old Company tee shirts - 10/10/15 06:27 PM
Randy,

I've still got one too and just by chance I've got in on right now laugh
Posted By: mbhydro Re: Old Company tee shirts - 10/10/15 07:11 PM
Originally Posted by renosteinke
I have noticed a trend of companies ever-so-royally decreeing that employees wear "high visibility" T-Shirts .... while the cheap jackalopes expect their miserly paid help to run off to Wal-Mart and buy the darn things out of their poverty-level wages.

Here its a Govt workplace health and safety requirement to have high viz clothing on when working on a lot of sites, other times its a customer requirement.

The big contractors will issue their staff custom silk screened vests with the company name on the back, the smaller ones tell the staff to go to the discount tool places and buy the $15 ones on sale.

I keep a few of the sale ones in the trunk of my car in case i have to change a flat tire or other road issues.

Posted By: Scott35 Re: Old Company tee shirts - 10/12/15 05:20 AM

I came across a shirt from our "mutual former employer"

Does this Company's name begin with "R"???

If Yes, did either of you work on any of the Bank Integration Projects; between 1995 to 2000?
(FIB - WFB, ASB / HSA / GWB - WAMU)

One of the Subs for KCI was that "R" Company.

--Scott (EE)
Posted By: electure Re: Old Company tee shirts - 10/12/15 01:53 PM
No Scott, it began with an L and was located near the 57 freeway and Orangewood Ave.
Do you remember "Steve" or "Craig", from about 2001 or '02 ?
They're out of business now.

That one wink
Posted By: Scott35 Re: Old Company tee shirts - 10/12/15 10:48 PM
Oh ya, I remember that Company.

--Scott (EE)
Posted By: Lostazhell Re: Old Company tee shirts - 10/12/15 11:22 PM
I'll bet he remembers "Mike" laugh
Posted By: grassynoel Re: Old Company tee shirts - 12/11/15 01:12 AM
to hell with that, you're not overthinking this, I would never give one my company shirts out or donate them, or burn them for that matter.

Call me crazy but I have a huge box with all company material folded nice and neat no matter what the condition. When I die they'll just have to dig a bigger hole is all.

That and I give all the old shirts to the trenching division =p
© ECN Electrical Forums