ECN Forum
Posted By: sparkync Old 3 phase neutral bar - 03/21/14 12:22 AM
I uploaded a picture of an old 3 phase panel with broken neutral bar. Don't know exactly where it went, but once it get posted, I would like to know if anyone might know where I can get one like it maybe. Thanks
Posted By: HotLine1 Re: Old 3 phase neutral bar - 03/21/14 12:33 AM
Link to your photo

[Linked Image from electrical-photos.com]

One of the other mods knowhow to move it, I don't!!
Posted By: HotLine1 Re: Old 3 phase neutral bar - 03/21/14 12:43 AM
OK, I just amazed myself...your pic is here. Just click on it for a large view.

That said, it looks like an old Murry, Bryant.

As I don't see a'main'; this is a subpanel. The neutrals & grounds are together??

You should be able to find something that you can fit in there. Have you tried at a local electrical supply??
A quick fix before you sellthem a new panel??
Posted By: sparkync Re: Old 3 phase neutral bar - 03/21/14 01:04 AM
Actually it an old seimans panel
It is on the dead front. No I haven't tried supply house yet and I sure hope I don't have to sell them a new panel. It would be a tough one in block and in conduit.
Posted By: Tesla Re: Old 3 phase neutral bar - 03/21/14 11:14 AM
Vist Cutler-Hammer's website/ sales literature.
Posted By: NORCAL Re: Old 3 phase neutral bar - 03/22/14 06:44 AM
Originally Posted by sparkync
Actually it an old seimans panel
It is on the dead front. No I haven't tried supply house yet and I sure hope I don't have to sell them a new panel. It would be a tough one in block and in conduit.

I-T-E Circuit Breaker Company, Walker Div. is the make, they were a pre-CTL design panel, without notched bus stabs, 1960's timeframe so will be a longshot to find a part. As said above, Eaton retrofit panel may be the best bet.
Posted By: ghost307 Re: Old 3 phase neutral bar - 03/22/14 01:18 PM
I've been able to leave the tub in place and replace just the interior on several occasions.
You just need to make sure you buy guts that fit the old tub and run the idea past the AHJ so he's onboard with it.
Posted By: sparkync Re: Old 3 phase neutral bar - 03/22/14 06:01 PM
I called supply house, and they said they had ground bars and some isolated mounts that might will work. I'm going to give it a try. It's gonna be Square D bars, so I'll have to drill some holes probably to make it work. And yes, I said Seimans, but actually it is ITE.
© ECN Electrical Forums