ECN Forum
Posted By: sparky*62 Home Protection Companie - 01/22/03 04:28 PM
I have been asked by a home protection service if I am interested in doing electrical work for them. It seems okay but they want a pricing up front on service changes,ceiling fan installation and breaker replacement.It almost seems like a scam because we have only talked to some pushy woman from back east but their corporate office is in California.Where I am from. What should I look out for?
Posted By: Happi_Man Re: Home Protection Companie - 01/22/03 05:53 PM
Spark - I think that is pretty much the way they do it. You give them a price and that's what they pay every time - regardless of circumstance.

But I also hear that you can stay pretty busy with that contract...let it be known however that I have no personal experience...

[Linked Image]
Posted By: txsparky Re: Home Protection Companie - 01/22/03 08:46 PM
We used to do work for 1 called American Homeshield.We only gave them a service call price to go to the premises and diagnose the reported problem.We would then make an estimate and call for an authorization code to proceed with the work.We would butt heads from time to time because as with any Ins.Co. they have a pricing guideline they go by and it doesn't take into account that some jobs may be an hour or more from the supply house.
© ECN Electrical Forums