ECN Forum
Posted By: Obsaleet Shower Fan - 05/22/11 03:41 PM
Any one know of a shower/light combo rated for an enclosed shower. The tile installer is calling it steam rated? I have 4" Juno cans and shower rated trims. My understanding is they are not rated for fully enclosed showers?

Ob
Posted By: Niko Re: Shower Fan - 05/22/11 05:57 PM
I believe a fixture for a wet location and a totally enclosed trim with a gasket will do fine.

If this helps you any. This could be a regular can but since they (sauna company) sells it we can assume it is steam rated?????

http://www.cedarbrooksauna.com/store/sauna-wet-rated-4-recessed-ceiling-light.html
Posted By: Obsaleet Re: Shower Fan - 05/23/11 01:28 AM
Niko, That looks like the Juno can and trim I have. Which I have since found out is wet location listed. As for the fan I'm going with a remote unit, will use 1 opening for shower and 1 for bathroom itself. I did find a fan/ light that was wet rated also. I'd be interested in any other ideas if anyone has one.

Ob
Posted By: Obsaleet Re: Shower Fan - 05/23/11 01:28 AM
Thanks Niko! smile
Posted By: harold endean Re: Shower Fan - 05/29/11 02:11 AM
I believe if the fixture is rated for wet location, I don't see why it couldn't be used. The manufacture might want the fixture to be GFI protected though. It has to be installed as per the manufacture specs..
Posted By: gfretwell Re: Shower Fan - 05/29/11 02:22 AM
I was thumbing through the Dale Electric catalog and I saw a few fan/light combos that were "wet location" rated and they did say with GFCI right in the ad.
© ECN Electrical Forums