ECN Forum
Posted By: electure You working? - 12/23/02 12:03 PM
Just wondered how many of you are taking time off this week.
[Linked Image] We're taking off only Christmas day. [Linked Image]
We've got some places that need to have us go in and do our thing while their employees are on vacation...S
Posted By: sparky Re: You working? - 12/23/02 12:22 PM
I haven't even digested my Xgiving din-din, worked every day since.....

I'm going to ingnore the world, as a matter of fact, the ph is ringing right now,
(blah,blah,blah by xmas,blah,blah)

Time for some family fun.......

Steve~aka~ xmasignoramus~ sparky

[This message has been edited by sparky (edited 12-23-2002).]
Posted By: Electricmanscott Re: You working? - 12/23/02 12:25 PM
1/2 day Christmas eve. Christmas off. After that who knows. Mybe stay home and play with the kids new toys.
Posted By: j a harrison Re: You working? - 12/23/02 07:05 PM
I am going to finish on the eve of the 24th and then have the 25th off
food and beer, and fall asleep in the chair in front of the fire, wake up eat more drink a bit more,

Then on the 26th i shall go back to work,

We have a job to do on a production plant that we cant do during the operating time so they are paying good $$$ so i dont mind.

I dont have a wife (anymore) or any kids so i would be `at the relatives`, on that score i would rather be at work.

John H
Posted By: pauluk Re: You working? - 12/23/02 07:36 PM
Finished today, and will probably spend tomorrow (24th) doing paperwork and other odds & ends at home. Nothing then until the 27th! [Linked Image]
Posted By: Tom Re: You working? - 12/24/02 01:22 AM
Worked at a jobsite in the Mountains today, very windy.

I'll catch up on paperwork & do an estimate at homeTuesday A.M. & take the rest of the day off.

Happy Holidays to all.

Tom
Posted By: Ron F Re: You working? - 12/24/02 01:57 AM
Tues. change a dimmer switch for a regular customer, then troubleshoot some kitchen gfi's for another. Hopefuly be home by noon
Posted By: Electric Eagle Re: You working? - 12/24/02 02:12 AM
We're not working 24th or 25th. I'm paying for Christmas Day, but not Christmas Eve. We had several customers with "emergency's", that wanted us to work on the 24th, but I don't consider a hairdryer tripping the breaker an emergency. We need the time off and if the customer can't wait(they did agree to wait), they pay someonelse's emergency fee.
Posted By: sparky66wv Re: You working? - 12/24/02 02:12 AM
I gotta go tonight (!) and hang a vanity light (mud hadn't dried yet) and install a garage GFCI (to replace the ratty "construction-use" one)...

Then, Lot 13 of Price Run Crossing is Punched Out (electrically)!!!

Hope to have tomorrow and Christmas off, but back to the grind on Thursday.

Merry Christmas!

-Virgil
Posted By: HotLine1 Re: You working? - 12/24/02 04:51 AM
1/2 day Tuesday...Wed. (Christmas Day) off..
Back to normal on Thursday...
Same thing next week...1/2 day New Years Eve, Off New Years Day...back on Thursday..

(Full week pay)

John
Posted By: Nick Re: You working? - 12/24/02 12:30 PM
I am working a shut down at the Boeing plant near you in Anaheim. (Off La Palma) We are replacing 8 12KV and 4160V Unit subs and distribution gear in 3 different buildings. All complete with rigid conduits top and bottom to contend with. It started with an 18hr day Friday and it’s been 12s since. Half day today and Christmas off. Back to 10’s or 12’s the 26th. It all has to be done by the 30th. No rest for me. I am exhausted!
Uh oh. It's 4:30. Gotta go to work. Everyone have a Merry Christmas!
Nick
Posted By: golf junkie Re: You working? - 12/24/02 05:54 PM
Nick, I hope they are paying you well!!

1/2 day tues, off wed., vacation days thurs and fri. No more work 'til next monday!

GJ
© ECN Electrical Forums