ECN Forum
Is there a separate Washington, DC Electrical Code? Who makes the electrical inspections in the government buildings around the city?

Do they use the NEC?

Does politics play an important role in some Electrical work there?

[This message has been edited by Joe Tedesco (edited 12-14-2002).]
Joe,
bad things happen when you yank the lions tail..... [Linked Image]
Joe,
bad things happen when you yank the lions tail.....

I know, but what the heck!

[This message has been edited by Joe Tedesco (edited 12-14-2002).]
i admire your sense of adventure Joe......

[Linked Image from posterville.com]

please come back with a tale to tell
Joe, help us far westerners out. By AOC, do you mean “Architect of the Capitol” www.aoc.gov ?

Search for IAEI and Washington DC. Looks like there’s a local chapter… http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=IAEI+Washington%2C+DC
sparky, I will show a tale of woe, and Yes BJ that's it for the AOC. I am aware of the chapter you mentioned. I am sure they too suffer from the same frustrations concerning the inspection process.
i have heard from many that the dc masters test is one of the hardest in the country, thats not exactly what you are asking about but since you were asking about dc i thought it might be relavent
Didn't we have a regular member here that worked in DC? I can't seem to remeber his name right now but haven't seen any post from him for a while.

Curt
Department of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs

dcra.dc.gov

Phone: (202) 442-4400
Fax: (202) 442-9445

941 North Capitol Street, NE
Washington, DC 20002

DESCRIPTION:
Licenses professionals and businesses; inspects and regulates building, housing, and land; and enforces business laws for the District’s residents, companies, and entrepreneurs.
© ECN Electrical Forums