ECN Forum
Posted By: Admin Another Birthday for Us!! - 10/25/09 04:27 PM
I just realized we passed another Birthday here recently, and are now into our 10th year as ECN Forum! yay

We did have a different message board system before that, but only a handfull of members, and not much participation then.

I want to thank you all, especially the Moderators, for your participation and contributions here. We've got 9 years of history here that is largely still intact - and active!
thanks

Special Thanks to Scott35 for all his work in the Technical Reference area. His drawings and diagrams have been a reference for many around the web.
clap

Here's to many more years together here!
cheers

Bill
smile
Posted By: HotLine1 Re: Another Birthday for Us!! - 10/25/09 04:42 PM
Bill:

And a 'thank you' to you is also in order.

Posted By: gfretwell Re: Another Birthday for Us!! - 10/25/09 05:36 PM
Yep, big thanks.
I am a lot of places on the net and this is the best.
The gang here stays professional and still manages to have some fun.
The actual BB software implementation is excellent
Posted By: Admin Re: Another Birthday for Us!! - 10/25/09 08:54 PM
Originally Posted by gfretwell
Yep, big thanks.
I am a lot of places on the net and this is the best.
The gang here stays professional and still manages to have some fun.
The actual BB software implementation is excellent
Greg,

I'm glad to hear you say that. It seems we lost a lot of people when the software format changed to what we have now. Truth be told, I wasn't crazy about the new look myself, but thought it was important that we stay with the same software so that old threads would still exist and be active.

I regret that some people never got used to the change in software, (or maybe didn't give it a good try), but I think I would've felt worse if we had lost all those years of threads.

Bill
Posted By: frenchelectrican Re: Another Birthday for Us!! - 10/26/09 01:47 AM
Wow .,

I did not think the time do actally go fast with the forum and I am glad it still held up really nice so far.

I know the forum is pretty much International so we will know one way or other.

Merci.
Marc
Posted By: electure Re: Another Birthday for Us!! - 10/26/09 04:51 PM
Bill,

The credit must go to you, for 10 years of providing us with this great resource. clap

I know you've worked very hard to make this Forum work.
Posted By: EV607797 Re: Another Birthday for Us!! - 10/26/09 05:14 PM
I originally found this forum when looking for photos of code violations to help my son who is working on his Journeyman's license. Wow did I find a gold mine for sure.

I agree with the others with regard to this forum being the most professional one out there. We all get along and share information much more openly from around the world. My thanks to all who make ECN one of my favorite stops throughout the day.
Posted By: Niko Re: Another Birthday for Us!! - 10/28/09 11:57 PM
Happy Birthday to ECN,

Thank you to Bill who started this forum and thank you to the professionals who keep it going.

I look forward to many more birthdays.

When was the actual launch date?

Posted By: HotLine1 Re: Another Birthday for Us!! - 10/29/09 12:09 AM
I'll venture a guess...10/07/2000, that's when Bill signed in!

Posted By: Admin Re: Another Birthday for Us!! - 10/29/09 12:44 AM
Originally Posted by HotLine1
I'll venture a guess...10/07/2000, that's when Bill signed in!

That's a pretty Good Guess! smile

If I can find one I'll post a screenshot of the earlier forum.

On another note... did anyone get an email on this subject?
I tried to send one out to the masses and thought it worked, but I didn't get the usual bouncebacks for all the non-working email addresses still on record.

Bill
Posted By: Trumpy Re: Another Birthday for Us!! - 10/29/09 08:15 AM
Hey Bill,
Oddly enough, I ended up here in the first place with a totally different search than one would expect to come up with "Electrical Contractors. net".
I was actually doing a web search on electrocution stats at the time, that is when I found ECN!

But I must say, it's been great being a part of this community, I've learned a great deal about systems the world over that I would never have learned through doing a simple Google search.

I tip my hat to each and every one of you folks that have helped make this the place that it has become.

But most of all, Bill Addiss, he has done a LOT for this site, with upgrades and the like, all out of his own pocket.

For that alone, I must say thanks, after all, without the upgrades and so-forth, this Forum would have died a death a few years back.

So Bill, thanks

And may we have another 10 of the same!!
Posted By: RODALCO Re: Another Birthday for Us!! - 10/29/09 08:34 AM
Congratulations Bill with the excellent ECN forums.
10 years is very long in cyberspace.

It is a great pleasure to be part of it and share knowledge with each others from all over the world.

I also found ECN forum by coincidence while looking for other things on the web. Then something caught me, have a read, do some more reading and then subscribing and participating.

Hopefully ECN is gonna be on the web for many more years to come.

Kind regards from Raymond (Rodalco) out of Auckland , New Zealand

Posted By: Admin Re: Another Birthday for Us!! - 10/29/09 05:29 PM
Thanks for the kind words Guys.

Bottom line is YOU are what makes it all work. cheers

Bill
laugh
Posted By: Admin Re: Another Birthday for Us!! - 10/29/09 05:36 PM
Can anyone tell me if they Did (or Did Not) get an email about this?
Subject = "Another Birthday for ECN Electrical Forum!"

I'm trying to figure out if we have a Bug that needs to be addressed. It supposedly affects the IM feature to some degree.

Anybody? Yes, No?

Bill
Posted By: dougwells Re: Another Birthday for Us!! - 10/29/09 06:24 PM
I didnt get the Email.
Posted By: HotLine1 Re: Another Birthday for Us!! - 10/29/09 07:42 PM
Bill:
I just checked my home email....nothing from you or ECN.

Take care!
Posted By: Trumpy Re: Another Birthday for Us!! - 10/30/09 01:26 AM
Nothing has shown up here Bill.
Posted By: bigrockk Re: Another Birthday for Us!! - 10/31/09 04:58 AM
No email here as well ?
Posted By: sabrown Re: Another Birthday for Us!! - 11/02/09 04:51 PM
I recieved one now. Thanks.
Posted By: sparkyinak Re: Another Birthday for Us!! - 11/02/09 07:06 PM
I have utilized several electrician message boards and this one is by far the best one out there, hands down. Everyone is treated with respect hear and never seems to be any problems. My hat is off to the everyone that makes this website possible. Keep up the good work.
Posted By: ghost307 Re: Another Birthday for Us!! - 11/02/09 08:09 PM
I agree with Sparky.
This is one of the few boards where everyone respects each other and doesn't take every little opportunity to turn each post into either a rant for/against something or a version of IM that none of the other posters care to bother with.

I can always tell on those "other boards" when there's no point in opening a thread because it's on its 3rd or 4th page. By then the original question has either been answered, forgotten, or the thread has turned into a name-calling 'good ole boy' posting.

I think a large measure of credit should to the moderators...who tirelessly hunt down posts that are out of line and nip problems in the bud.
Many thanks...to all.
Posted By: leland Re: Another Birthday for Us!! - 11/03/09 03:26 AM
Great site All-

thanx bill.

And all that other stuf- proffesional,respectfull blah blah blah.

We could change that! smile

Ive never been looked at funny for a stupid question,some are stupid when the answer hits you at the same time you hit 'send'.

I enjoy the international flair. very interesting.
As far apart as we all are... it's pretty much the same.

Keep it up folks!!
Posted By: sparkyinak Re: Another Birthday for Us!! - 11/03/09 07:41 AM
I agree with the international flair. We got sparkies form England, New Zeeland, Germany, France, Canada and others that I have missed. Do not forget the great melting pot of the U.S. I think every state is represented here too.

We have a wide varity of professionals of the electrical trade all sharing their 2 cents worth on the various topics. I like it here. Someone just needs to figure out how to serve doughnuts here. smile
© ECN Electrical Forums