ECN Forum
Posted By: Electricmanscott Where can I get this? - 12/08/02 11:42 PM
I need this product and no suppliers around here have this yet. Anybody come across these? The "Out of sight" power jack for wall hanging cordless phones. www.leviton.com

[This message has been edited by Electricmanscott (edited 12-08-2002).]
Posted By: CTwireman Re: Where can I get this? - 12/08/02 11:48 PM
Scott, try Electrical Wholesalers in Hartford. They are Leviton Master Distributors and they can proably get it for you.

I can give you some phone #s if you want.

Kind of far from Worcester, but it's worth a shot.
Posted By: master66 Re: Where can I get this? - 12/08/02 11:52 PM
Electricmanscott,

Being that this is a new product, I'm betting that you will have to special order it from a Leviton dealer.

Go to your local electrical supply house.

Do not go to the big orange store or the big blue store. If you do it will probably take forever. (unless they have it on the shelf)
Posted By: Wirenuttt Re: Where can I get this? - 12/08/02 11:59 PM
Escott;
In the leviton ad it said that sears, Kmart, Home Depot, several other places sell them. Have you tried them yet or just electrical distributors?
Posted By: spyder Re: Where can I get this? - 12/09/02 12:37 AM
Try a national supply house like Graybar, or GE Supply, or Wesco.
Posted By: Electric Eagle Re: Where can I get this? - 12/09/02 04:32 AM
I really like the idea of this, but question if it's code compliant. Doesn't sec 800.52 and other sections require seperation of communication wiring from power wiring? Does this device come with a box divider or something?
Posted By: caselec Re: Where can I get this? - 12/09/02 04:58 AM
Electric Eagle,
It looks like the phone wire enters above the box so there shouldn't be a problem.

Curt
Posted By: Electric Eagle Re: Where can I get this? - 12/09/02 02:14 PM
Curt, you are correct.
I didn't look far enough down on the page. In this case, I'm going to get a couple of these. I know we can sell these to some customers!
Posted By: nichols Re: Where can I get this? - 12/11/02 07:04 AM
On phone circuits its not a very big deal to have it near power.. it MIGHT cause alittle static, if it does, just move the power away from the phone line ..it can cross power at an angle.. but to be honest, i've seen data centers that have thick power cables that are as big as my leg wrap'd all around both data and phone with not problems..
Posted By: jdevlin Re: Where can I get this? - 12/11/02 02:34 PM
Call Liviton. The devoce may not even be available. I was looking for long life floods last week and found some on the manufacture site. When I called them Ohh those aren't available yet we just had them on our site.
© ECN Electrical Forums