ECN Forum
Posted By: renosteinke 13 Things .... - 06/27/09 02:17 AM
I just saw some lists of '13 things XXXX won't tell you." For example, here's one: http://www.rd.com/advice-and-know-how/13-things-your-pizza-guy-wont-tell-you/article122354.html

How about such lists for us? Say, "13 things your contractor won't tell you?" What would you put on such a list?
Posted By: twh Re: 13 Things .... - 06/27/09 02:42 AM
You have crap insulation in your attic and it's only about an inch thick now that I moved it around.
Posted By: gfretwell Re: 13 Things .... - 06/27/09 03:22 AM
If we are covering it with drywall we don't care what it looks like.
Posted By: Tom Re: 13 Things .... - 06/27/09 07:57 PM
An amusing list.

Here's mine

Don't be surprised if I want to start work at 5A.M. when you want a circuit run through your attic, in August, for your new air conditioner.
Posted By: Alan Belson Re: 13 Things .... - 06/27/09 11:37 PM
The apprentice accidentally drilled a half-inch hole right through your roof shingles.
Right next to the one where my boot went through.
Luckily, I managed to stop myself falling by snapping off your tv satelite dish.
Which has rolled off and fallen right through your garage roof.
With the chimney still bolted to it.
And it landed on the <s>bonnet</s> hood of your priceless 1966 Mustang.
With half the roof.
The heavy half.
My insurance ran out Tuesday.

Posted By: brsele Re: 13 Things .... - 06/28/09 01:22 AM
Actually, I think that's the ugliest light fixture I've ever seen in my life.
Posted By: GA76JW Re: 13 Things .... - 07/01/09 02:54 AM
This is by far the nastiest house I have ever been in.

I could have saved you a ton of money by just flipping the breaker back on, but since you called me out here on a Sunday I have to justify the charges.

(never done the second, heard of it done though)
Posted By: sparkyinak Re: 13 Things .... - 07/01/09 05:11 AM
Originally Posted by brsele
Actually, I think that's the ugliest light fixture I've ever seen in my life.
I actually did that once before. I roughed in an office building and I suggested they reconsider which my boss came unglued and the customer declined. When it was time to trim out and I pulled out the lights, everyone thought including the customer and boss thought they were ugly. I kid you not
Posted By: sparkyinak Re: 13 Things .... - 07/01/09 05:14 AM
How about, "I am not going to pay you like I said I would. I'll will do it when I feel like it, if at all"
Posted By: Alan Belson Re: 13 Things .... - 07/01/09 03:00 PM
"My last customer came at me like a raving lunatic with a burned out $2000 flat screen tv.
Luckily, I managed to dodge round the back of a fire truck and escaped in one of the ambulances." grin
Posted By: ChicoC10 Re: 13 Things .... - 07/10/09 01:23 AM
I mark up all of my materials 15%.

I think I just popped a couple of your ceiling screws loose.

I can't believe you accepted my proposal. I actually would have done this job for a lot less.

Wow, your daughter is hot.
© ECN Electrical Forums