ECN Forum
Posted By: JuddsAirco Wonder how some of these places are wired - 05/25/08 10:20 PM
http://www.darkroastedblend.com/2008/05/drunk-builders-mad-architects.html
could this be a clue??? eek eek cry

10KV tree

[Linked Image from electricalphotos.com]

or ceiling outlet

[Linked Image from electricalphotos.com]
Now you know why such butch jobs are called "Russian engineering" in Austria wink
Posted By: pauluk Re: Wonder how some of these places are wired - 05/27/08 01:35 PM
The HV tree really takes the prize for ingenuity. The best we have around here is a pole which is trying to pretend it's really still a tree: wink

[Linked Image]

Posted By: judsin Re: Wonder how some of these places are wired - 05/28/08 12:22 AM
I'm guessing that the 10 kV tree is a temporary thing where they had a broken pole in an inaccessible location, like a swamp. I heard of similar stuff happening during Katrina. Doesn't look like the wire is in any sort of shoe either, it's just tied off to the insulator somehow.

I don't think just one of those bells is rated for 10 kV either, probably needs a string of three, or at least two. Maybe they were just trying to get the wire up out of the road.
Posted By: judsin Re: Wonder how some of these places are wired - 05/28/08 12:35 AM
Too late to edit.

[Linked Image from premium1.uploadit.org]

I'm lovin' these guys. They're looking at the cameraman like "What?"

Also, how in the world do you bend a crane (well part of it anyway) over backwards? I'll be thinking about that for awhile. I guess the cable snagged in one of those rollers?
How did they even climb up there without toppling everything over?
Originally Posted by noderaser
How did they even climb up there without toppling everything over?

Probably over the balcony railing... but don't know how they put it up.
© ECN Electrical Forums