ECN Forum
Posted By: maintenanceguy Can't Identify this Connector - 04/30/08 03:00 PM
I'm trying to find the other half of this connector. If you can't read the plate,it says 323-N 3P 4@ 100A 600V.

However, it sure looks like it only accepts 3 conductors plus ground. I don't know what this is and my electrical supplier has been "looking into it" for me for two days but no luck yet.

Any info appreciated.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: dougwells Re: Can't Identify this Connector - 04/30/08 04:25 PM
It looks like a predecessor to arktite by crouse hinds which is a cooper company now.Looks redundant
Posted By: Mike Wescoatt Re: Can't Identify this Connector - 04/30/08 04:41 PM
... and is that a NEMA 1 box outside?
Posted By: maintenanceguy Re: Can't Identify this Connector - 04/30/08 05:24 PM
Arktite doesn't seem to have anything quite like it now. And the box is gasketed so I don't think it's a NEMA1...that is if the screw wasn't missing.
Posted By: LK Re: Can't Identify this Connector - 04/30/08 05:33 PM
Start over wih the correct plug set and correct outdoor box
Posted By: renosteinke Re: Can't Identify this Connector - 04/30/08 05:54 PM
Isn't that arrow we see someone's trademark ...Arrow-Hart, perhaps?
Posted By: NORCAL Re: Can't Identify this Connector - 04/30/08 11:53 PM
Is it by any chance a Russellstoll?

The ultimate insult is to be replaced by a machine that does not work.............
Posted By: Lostazhell Re: Can't Identify this Connector - 05/03/08 01:37 AM
I've a strange feeling that outlet isn't domestic... European maybe? Are there any listing agency markings on it?
Posted By: gfretwell Re: Can't Identify this Connector - 05/03/08 01:09 PM
I have seen a lot of Russell Stoll and they all had round pins.
Are the screws metric? If they are SAE it is probably US.
Posted By: Texas_Ranger Re: Can't Identify this Connector - 05/05/08 09:58 AM
Not Continental I think, MAYBE British. No other country I know uses "AMP" rather than "A" for Ampere. Besides, 600V would be an odd rating, most stuff used for voltages up to 240/415V is only rated 500V and above the next atandard voltage is 400/690V.

What's the part the arrow is pointing towards? A screw? Or maybe the missing neutral pin?
Posted By: geoff in UK Re: Can't Identify this Connector - 05/05/08 03:33 PM
Well I've seen a lot of odd British industrial and military connectors, but never one like that.
Having said that, that arrow mark looks very much like the one used to identify WW2 era military stuff, though it would normally be on the rating plate too.
What did you find it on?
Posted By: IanR Re: Can't Identify this Connector - 05/05/08 05:51 PM
Definately domestic. I have seen them around here in Florida many times. I just can't remember where I've seen them or who makes them. I think I have seen them on lift stations.
Posted By: Ann Brush Re: Can't Identify this Connector - 05/06/08 12:45 PM
Is it of military spec - looks like something that might be used on a ship or artillery hardware.
Posted By: SteveFehr Re: Can't Identify this Connector - 05/07/08 10:24 AM
I can't view photobucket from work and can't see the pictures, but if's in a mil-spec connector, I could probably help you identify a mating connector & backshell. Is there an M# on there anywhere? Usually there will be one printed on the backshell and on the connector.
Posted By: pauluk Re: Can't Identify this Connector - 05/08/08 12:21 PM
Originally Posted by geoff in UK
Well I've seen a lot of odd British industrial and military connectors, but never one like that.

It doesn't look like any old British connector I've ever seen either. The markings on the tag also seem North American rather than British.

Posted By: SteveFehr Re: Can't Identify this Connector - 05/08/08 03:34 PM
Thanks for moving the pics smile It's not MIL-SPEC, at least not any I've ever seen.
Posted By: JBD Re: Can't Identify this Connector - 05/08/08 06:28 PM
Have you looked at the old Pyle-National Quelarc product line?
© ECN Electrical Forums