ECN Forum
Posted By: BPHgravity New Low-Profile In-Use Cover - 03/05/08 09:15 PM
Check out this NEW Low-Profile In-Use Cover:

http://taymacpromos.com/
Posted By: Retired_Helper Re: New Low-Profile In-Use Cover - 03/05/08 09:56 PM
It looks great. I have an immediate application in mind for the low profile. Does anyone dare guess how long that 'synthetic neoprene rubber' will hold up? How long will it stay attached to the polycarbonate? confused
Posted By: Trick440 Re: New Low-Profile In-Use Cover - 03/06/08 04:01 AM
I also question its durability. I did sign up to get a sample. We use these on our upscale homes.
[Linked Image from i146.photobucket.com]
Posted By: Trick440 Re: New Low-Profile In-Use Cover - 03/15/08 02:42 PM
I recieved some samples in the mail yesterday. These things look pretty good. I didn't relize at first you can still use a standard handy box, or cut-in with it.

I wonder what the price is?
Posted By: gfretwell Re: New Low-Profile In-Use Cover - 03/15/08 03:23 PM
Got mine too. My wife is going to give one to her electrician Monday to try out at one of their pools. I'm going to give the other one a tough life on my boat dock, replacing one that got brittle and broke from the sun.
Posted By: sparkyinak Re: New Low-Profile In-Use Cover - 03/15/08 04:21 PM
Has anyone use these from Arnlington?

http://www.aifittings.com/whnew89.htm

http://www.aifittings.com/whnew74.htm
Posted By: HCE727 Free "in-use" cover - 03/15/08 07:53 PM
www.taymacpromos.com/
Posted By: Gregtaylor Re: Free "in-use" cover - 03/15/08 08:06 PM
I actually saw some of these the other day. They look quality enough that I will try them somewhere.
Posted By: SteveFehr Re: Free "in-use" cover - 03/19/08 10:50 AM
I recieved my samples, too- very nice, and very high quality. I don't think durability will be an issue, but it's hard to say what it will look like in 10 years.
Posted By: Zapped Re: Free "in-use" cover - 03/19/08 02:57 PM
Got mine super quick too. Tells me something good about a company that actually comes through when they offer a free sample.

One of my customers just happen to need an in-use, so he agreed to let me try one of these out (gave him the part for free, and offered to change it out for free if it didn't last until next year or so).

We'll see...
Posted By: SteveFehr Re: Free "in-use" cover - 03/19/08 03:17 PM
I already put one up on my front porch where wear & tear destroyed the last one in about 6 years- will see how it holds up!
Posted By: Jim M Re: Free "in-use" cover - 03/19/08 04:53 PM
Spoke to the rep today. He said that gray is the only color being manufactured, but it is paintable.

Depending on price I may stay with the In-box or the In-and-Out cover from Arlington.
Posted By: schenimann Re: Free "in-use" cover - 03/21/08 02:33 AM
Our supply house has replaced all their standard in use covers with these. However, I still like the arlingtons whenever possible. rotozip a hole, screw it in and bam it's mounted. it took me that long to open up the old ones, put the parts together or cut out parts if needed. Go Arlington.
© ECN Electrical Forums