ECN Forum
Posted By: WARREN1 NEIS - 10/29/02 12:54 PM
How many contractors out there use the National Electrical Installation Standards?
What, if any is the advantages/disadvantages? I am about to recommend we here at our company use these in our specifications so we can reduce the number of details on our drawings, and size of our specifications. However, we must also purchase a copy to know just what they say, and if we agree with their practices. Your opinions are appreciated.
Posted By: sparky Re: NEIS - 10/29/02 07:57 PM
about a yr or so ago, i paid $20 or so for NECA/EGSA 404-2000 , recommended practice for installing generator sets.

i expected more than some generic document that an 8th grader could have done....
Posted By: Redsy Re: NEIS - 10/30/02 12:22 PM
I bought the set for my day gig about 2 years ago. I have had to regularly check for updates myself.
I was going to try to offer them for reference if contractors worked on the site. They're ok, but mostly the have been sitting on the shelf.

The cost was minimal for a medium to large corporation ($150.00/set?), but as sparky said, for an independent, it might not be what you expect.
© ECN Electrical Forums