ECN Forum
Posted By: Niko teaching material - 05/05/07 09:54 PM
Since i love educating myself and passing that education and experience onto others, I am looking into teaching at the city college,and am interested to know what teachinbg material you use or would recommend for teaching.

Thanks in advance
Posted By: HotLine1 Re: teaching material - 05/07/07 12:06 AM
There's a lot of material out here.
Grayboy (Stalcup); Mike Holt, Delmar Publishing, etc.

I use Mike's, Delmars & Ugly's...
NEC Handbook (CD)...and mat'l from various mfg sources.

Check out Mike's site....

John
Posted By: Niko Re: teaching material - 05/07/07 03:47 AM
Thank you John
Posted By: Kenbo Re: teaching material - 05/07/07 05:37 PM
I teach basic principles and have written my own notes. I have used them for a year and am in the process of rewritting then now that I have a better idea of what works well and what dosen't
Posted By: gfretwell Re: teaching material - 05/07/07 06:26 PM
It is hard to beat Soares for sorting out grounding and bonding issues.
Posted By: mweaver Re: teaching material - 05/07/07 06:57 PM
I would have to agree with Mr. Fretwell. I have been providing instruction for several years, and the latest edition of Soares (version 9E) is absolutely the best publication I have ever read on grounding and bonding. The book is written by the International Association of Electrical Inspectors, who also sells a powerpoint publication to be utilized to teach the contents of the book.

Mu personal experience is the best (clear and descriptive) material available is published by them. They also provide 24 hrs of "Train-the-Trainer" education on the soares program as well as others.

All their material can be found at: www.IAEI.org

Discounts are available for members and this may be an additional incentive to join if you are a non-member.
Posted By: HotLine1 Re: teaching material - 05/07/07 09:37 PM
OK, along with Greg & MWeaver, yes, Soares is the Ground Authority. We use that for CEU classes. As Kembo does, I have a outline for Basic Elec that I put together, & I'm trying to finalize a newer PowerPoint pres.

I use Mike's NEC books for NEC 1 & 2

John
Posted By: Niko Re: teaching material - 05/08/07 01:38 AM
Thank you for all your posts.
Posted By: ScubaDan Re: teaching material - 05/09/07 11:49 PM
I wish I had seen this post earlier.

American Technical Publishers has a lot of educational materials for this exact purpose. ATP is the company that publishes the IBEW and IEC manuals. They also are featuring Volts Electrical Design Software in their publications.

http://www.go2atp.com
© ECN Electrical Forums