ECN Forum
Posted By: Redsy Food Center on Residential Calculation Form? - 04/29/07 08:30 PM
I am looking at a couple Residential calculation forms from 2 municipalities, and both include a "Food Center" at 600 VA.

What is a Food Center.

Thanks,

John
The only thing I can think of is Nutone's built-in blender/food processor which was called a Food Center. It is now sold by a different company

http://nutonesales.com/kitchen-center.html
Thanks, case!

This might be it because the website lists 600 watts as the rating, and the load calc. form lists 600VA.

Thanks again.
Why would a counter top appliance show up on a load calc? That is what the small appliance circuits are for.
My guess would be that a Nutone food center is not considered a countertop appliance. They are built right in to the countertop and become part of the structure.

In fact, I can see an argument where you would not be allowed to hook the Nutone to the appliance circuit at all. You might have to provide a separate circuit for it (like a garbage disposal) or hook it up along with something else (like a range hood/fan) because it is not something that you can plug in to the countertop receptacles.

It wouldn't be a great argument, but I could make it...
Sometimes I think this load calc business can get out of hand. I guess that is why the PoCo will serve a 400a panel with 2ga aluminum. They know how much power people really use.
© ECN Electrical Forums