ECN Forum
Posted By: Wizzie Electric rv tester - 04/25/07 06:42 PM
click here
Posted By: HotLine1 Re: rv tester - 04/25/07 07:34 PM
A 'true bargain' at 39.95 + 8.00 shipping.

Great description!
Where's the OCP??
John
Posted By: gfretwell Re: rv tester - 04/26/07 01:26 AM
The OCP would be a nice touch. You have a 20a receptacle on a 50 a breaker wired with #10 and the implied instructions to plug in a couple cube taps.
Posted By: Local Re: rv tester - 04/26/07 03:53 AM
Report this listing now. I know it seems petty and stupid but it is unfair that this guy can violate so many rules and regs. It is unfair that he can unfairly and illegally compete against reputable tester manufacturers.

Most important...it is unfair that he can put other peoples lives and property at risk to make a buck.

If I was contracting illegally or violating NEC rules I would hope someone would report me. It is OK to put yourself at risk. It is not ok to put others and their property at risk.

Report this listing.
Posted By: Retired_Helper Re: rv tester - 04/26/07 01:54 PM
Do you suppose this character doesn't realize what a dangerous item he is selling? Not that that excuses him. frown

I once saw an RV that belonged to an MRI and radiology outfit. They had a gimmicked up attachment like this, connecting the mobile unit to the building. The plugs on the RV end were half-melted, as was the insulation on the cords to the plugs. eek
Posted By: EV607797 Re: rv tester - 04/26/07 03:06 PM
Wow, four #10's and a device in a utility box? Bet it's cozy in there. I'll also bet that device isn't rated for 250 volts either. I sure hope that nobody actually buys that thing.
© ECN Electrical Forums