ECN Forum
Posted By: Hemingray 2 opening Single Gang Despard wall plate - 04/22/07 10:02 PM
Does anyone have one of these that they would be willing to part with? I need one for a 3way/standard switch setup above the bench in my workshop. Doesn't matter what color it is, as long as it's the correct type.
I don't know if i am speaking in right track anyway the P&S [ Pass and Seymour ] do still making the device cover you been describing i am not sure if your electrical supply centre may have one on hand sometime they will find a way to get rid of very oddball items and not too many stock this around anymore but i know few guys on east coast use it alot so i will leave this post open until some east coaster get in here with correct info they can help ya with it

Merci , Marc
Posted By: BigB Re: 2 opening Single Gang Despard wall plate - 04/22/07 10:51 PM
Yes they are still available, my supply house carries them. They are a P&S distributor. If you can't find one I could hook you up with them even tho I'm in Arizona. I run across these in rewires. They are always caked over so bad with paint I just smash them with my linemans to get them out of my way. Sorry I didn't know you needed one!
Paint caking doesn't matter to me really, As long as there's two standard openings for the device.
You can usually find those in Ace Hardware stores. They are not cheap though.
hmm, there's an Ace one town over. I'll look for one there.
Ace did not have this plate. neither did the True Value homecenter next door. frown
Posted By: stamcon Re: 2 opening Single Gang Despard wall plate - 04/24/07 05:03 AM
Cliff, I have an ivory Sierra plate. If you want it, send me a private message with your address and I'll mail it to you.

steve
stamcon

Message sent. And thanks! Already installed the two switches (wanted to relocate a threeway on my workbench for the ceiling lighting, and the box I decided to use had a SP switch for the ceiling fan.)
© ECN Electrical Forums