ECN Forum
Posted By: wirewiz Mobile Computerized Invoicing or Estimates - 09/11/02 03:12 AM
Just wondering, If anyone here has set their vehicles up with a laptop and mobile printer to provide estimates and invoicing? (for service work) If so, How well is it working or not working? Any one else toy with the idea?
Wirewiz
Posted By: TE Re: Mobile Computerized Invoicing or Estimates - 09/11/02 09:01 AM
I can't decide between a laptop, or a twenty year old blonde secretary with a clip board.

I think she'd also increase sales.
how about a 21 year old brunette, 2nd year apprentice who also works part-time at hooters? and, she is convinced i am the god of THHN and Brady labelers. would prolly work for nothing just for the priviledge of being in my presence....... [Linked Image]

life is good..... [Linked Image]

ron
Wirewiz
I think they got laptop and lap dancer confused [Linked Image]
You guys sound like legends in your own mind! [Linked Image] The problem with the 21 year-old brunette is that who ever was working around her would not get much done done. They may increase sales but at who's expense? (preferbly not mine) LMAO
Wirewiz
Wirewiz:
I use a laptop for estimates and drawings. I don't have a portable printer. I print at the office, or just show the screen.
The drawings are put on a CD or disc if they fit, and plotted at Kinkos. (Full size prints), or I do 8 1/2 X 11 or 17 x 11 in the office, if I can get the detail on a small sheet.

I had thoughts about getting another laptop for the service trucks, but can't justify the costs at the moment. Most of our service work is for national chains, and property management co's, and the billing goes thru our office.

HotLine1
John
© ECN Electrical Forums