ECN Forum
For all who didn't know. On this day in 1783 something happened.

Patriotic Regards,
Doc
Hi Doc:
Thanks for posting. I must admit that American History is not my strong suit. A "review lesson" is nice to have.

BTW, good to hear from you again [Linked Image]. Hope all has been well with you.

Mike (mamills)
And that's why to this day you will still find some British history books which quote American Independence as 1783 instead of 1776.
All is well, thanks Mike. Paul, your insight from the other side of the pond is always appreciated.
If I were to put an order of importance on the two days, I would say that the 4th is the most important because September 3, 1783 would have never gone down in history the way it did, if the 4th of July hadn't happened first.

Regards,
Doc
Doc,

I followed your link with great interest - I enjoy history and it certainly explaned a few anomalies that I had come across in the past like British troops in Maine long after I thought it was all over.

[This message has been edited by Hutch (edited 09-04-2002).]
Something of a tangent here, but related nevertheless. I once went on one of the bus tours around London, and the trip went by the docks from which a certain famous load of tea was shipped.

The guide asked if there were any Americans on board, and joked with them that the bill for that tea was never paid! One of the Americans asked if he'd accept a Gold Card! [Linked Image]
© ECN Electrical Forums