ECN Forum
Posted By: Redsy On the humorous side...Not-so-great slogans - 08/23/02 03:48 PM
I tried this "catch phrase" but it actually decreased business.

Acme Electric...

"We put the Con in Contractor" [Linked Image]
We actually have two businesses here that could've picked better names, IMHO....

OOPS Handyman Services
and
Sideways, Inc.
One idea I had was calling our company "Shocking Electric" - but then I figured - that doesn't exactly sound good...
Around here we have:

Spark & Burn – These are the guy’s names that have the company.

Zappem Electric – Kind of scary if you’re going to work for him.
The guy that used to live up the street ran

Blue Arc Electric

Another outfit in town goes by the one word:

Wired

Minnesota is home also to:

Wirenut Electric
In this area {for real} one had the slogan: "Let us check your shorts!" to which everyone revised to the more accurate {for them especially}: "Let Us Eat Your Shorts!"

[This message has been edited by Bjarney (edited 08-23-2002).]
Bjarney, You beat me to it. Are you talking about the now extinct Bloodhound Electric?
Bjarney, My Dad went a little farther with that one. On his business cards, trucks and all the free gadgets he would give out he had printed on them "Let us remove your shorts" People got a real chuckle out of that.

Wirewiz
How about "Old electrician's never die. They just blow their fuse." Or "Electrician's do it better ..In the dark."
how's this.....

We'll check your shorts
Yank your wire
And light up your life!
Electricians do it with a shock. saw this on a bumper once.
I actually considered "The Wirenuts" as a business name, but thought it wasn't professional enough.
Caselec-- No, it was another Acme Electric.
Redsy, In Atlanta there is a company called "The Wirenuts". I think thats a catchy name.

[This message has been edited by Electric Eagle (edited 08-24-2002).]
My favorite, in Riverside County, CA.
"Dolittle and Sitmore"Electric
Logo is a guy w/ a coffee cup, sitting on a reel of wire...What a sense of humor.
Yup, that's the real name.
S

[This message has been edited by electure (edited 08-25-2002).]
when i was going through my apprenticeship training, one of the outfits i worked for, used to send guys they didnt want, guys they laid off or got rid of for some reason, to an "imaginary?" place called "Down-The-Road Electric Co."... [Linked Image] must have been a big company, cause lots of guys got sent there, over the years! i never found out their actual address, tho', although their are some contractors in this area, now, who might actually have been that company. [Linked Image]

ron
electure,

"Dolittle & Sitmore" I love it!!
There is a little one horse plumbing shop not too far from here, that goes by the name of "Leaking Plumbing". Does that count?
Trainwire
Oh yea, and a radiator repair shop with the slogan, "a great place to take a leak"
Ok, since we're diversifying (I've already made Bill mad once this week, once more, I'm banned [Linked Image] ). There is a plumbing shop in DC named Peed Plumbing, and that's actually the guys name - what other profession could he take? I worked with an electrician named Shock - again, he had no choice, and theres a family of glaziers (glass installers) in No. Va. named..........what else? Glaze.
a company down south was called:

"Flameless Electric"
How about a small company here in my home town, by the name of "Kilowatt Electric"...

Mike (mamills)
Plumbing huh,

Heard this on Paul Harvey couple of years ago

Seen on the bumper sticker of a plumbers truck:

A FLUSH BEATS A FULL HOUSE

And now the rest of the story.

Glenn
I was in a wierd mood last night. If I ever start my own electric company, I think I will be called:

Sparksy and Skutch.

Trainwire

(for those of you with a blank look on your face, "skutch" is the local PA dutch term for the noise that electricity makes when it finds a short path to ground.)
Born on a mountain.
Raised in a cave
Yankin' wires
all i crave.
If we are including other trades, I've seen a plumber's sweatshirt that said "Your **** is my Bread and Butter".
Picture of $$ bills coming out of the bottom of a toilet.
Nice public image, ehh? Leave it to a plumber...S
Laughed my *** off with these logos. Since someone has posted names other than electricial, here's mine.

A Dentist : Dr. Payne
A female Doctor : Dr. Gay
A beauty salon : Curl Up & Dye

I had a shirttail cousin in Denver who also handed out pens with the logo "Let us get into your shorts".

Rick
Seeing as we've already wandered off the electrical straight and narrow, please forgive the following observation.

If I hadn’t seen the following with my own eyes, I wouldn’t have believed it – its photo also appeared in Britain’s ‘Punch’ magazine. In the town center of Bredasdorp, situated in the southernmost Cape of South Africa, a large nameboard reads: Human and Pitt – Funeral Directors.
Another one off topic was a short-lived wig dealer in California called "Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow!". Not making that up.
© ECN Electrical Forums