ECN Forum
Posted By: Joe Tedesco World Trade Center - 08/13/02 07:56 PM
How do you think the World Trade Center should be rebuilt and why?
Posted By: mvrandazzo Re: World Trade Center - 08/13/02 09:49 PM
Exactly as it was before so we don't forget what happened. Only this time arrange the towers to point toward the east. Realisticlly though it would be difficult to get tennants in another high-rise. To leave nothing but a memorial on the sight would only show Al-Qida how successful they were. Something should be built that will be the next financial center of the world. Just my two cents.
Posted By: golf junkie Re: World Trade Center - 08/13/02 09:55 PM
The site should be preserved/rebuilt in accordance with the wishes of the citizens of New York City. They are the ones who suffered the greatest loss and they are the only ones who have a say in the matter.

Accordingly I don't really have an opinion one way or the other, but will support %100 whatever the majority opinion is in NYC.

GJ
Posted By: Joe Tedesco Re: World Trade Center - 08/14/02 12:05 AM
http://www.fema.gov/library/wtcstudy.shtm

World Trade Study
Posted By: Electric Eagle Re: World Trade Center - 08/14/02 03:04 AM
As I stated in a previous post on this topic, I think it should be re-built exactly the same or larger. I don't think you'll have any problem getting people back in. Sure you'll have a few individuals getting hysterical about it, but most will look at it as sign of American strength to not let the terrorists win.
Posted By: joeh20 Re: World Trade Center - 08/14/02 06:21 AM
I think it should be a high rise prison filled with all the corporate ceo's, Enron,Imclone,Adelphia,World Com,Martha Stewart,Arthur Anderson and all the rest of them that cooked the books, Bin laden, Saddam Hussein, plus all the Al-Quaeda prisoners, from Gitmo all locked up together, plus the Anthrax guy when they get him. Build two towers one for the prison and one for the 110 story above ground cemetary where they will go when they die. That way we will never forget.
Posted By: pauluk Re: World Trade Center - 08/14/02 11:49 AM
I tend to agree that it is a decision for New Yorkers to make.

However, for my $.02, I would say rebuild. Show that America will not be beaten into submission by a bunch of terrorists who are essentially just jealous of the position that the U.S.A. holds in the world.
Posted By: Trainwire Re: World Trade Center - 08/14/02 04:44 PM
Um, how much do you think the insurance would be on an office that high in the air?
Posted By: north Re: World Trade Center - 09/29/02 12:39 PM
Identicly to the way they were.this says to terorists (you will not stop us)
Posted By: sparky Re: World Trade Center - 09/29/02 01:16 PM
I'd like to hear from some NY'ers here.

Bill?
[Linked Image]

I had attended a sept 11th memorial here.

The best part was when the Nat. Gaurd's fighters did a flyover, and drowned out the politicians speaking....
[Linked Image]
Posted By: tsolanto Re: World Trade Center - 09/29/02 08:16 PM
I think we should build it on the trade center site, however I don't think we should build it as tall. I would like to say build it bigger than it was to show defiance, but I beleive we need to be smart and not provide such a big target. In my heart I would like to see it twice as tall, but my mind says to do it smarter.
Posted By: motor-T Re: World Trade Center - 09/30/02 12:03 AM
The purpose as I see the suicide/murder of 9-11-01 was to shut down the greatest country in the world. It almost worked, we virtually came to a screeching halt for a day and a half. This I think was there primary mission.
To that I say re-build the twin towers bigger and higher, just to let the terrorist , and the rest of the world know, they can hit us but they can NEVER, NEVER, beat us.(OOHRA)

Mark.
Posted By: Sean WB Re: World Trade Center - 09/30/02 07:31 AM
Can you imagine the E drawings for a building like that? [Linked Image] The WTC buildings were marvels of engineering/architecture.I watched a discovery channel series on the WTC.
It took 20 +years to design&build those towers. Gave the economy a shot in the arm I imagine. Heck yeah they (WE) should rebuild. its still "WE" the people, right?
© ECN Electrical Forums