ECN Forum
Posted By: arseegee Employee Handbook. - 06/18/02 02:30 AM
It has come time for me to write an employee handbook. It seems it will cut down on the "well, you never told me I couldn't do that". Do any of you guys have any pointers as to where I could find a good form to work off of. Any help or input would be appreciated.
Posted By: Electric Eagle Re: Employee Handbook. - 06/18/02 03:05 AM
If you find a good one to copy, please share it. I've got one guy that doesn't seem to see anything wrong with leaving cigarette butts in a customers driveway. Great electrician, but he ain't got no class [Linked Image]
Posted By: RMIESQ Re: Employee Handbook. - 06/18/02 03:27 AM
I recently was hired to write an employee handbook for an Internet Company. It was tough doing for a company I had no experience with. For you it should be a whole lot easier. Your past experiences should lay a great foundation for an Employee handbook. For instance, no matter how long I would work on an Electrical contractor's handbook, would I ever think of saying "no cigarette butts in the shrubs." My only advice is keep the entire book as broad as possible- for instance "Respect the customers home as if were your own."
Posted By: Dallas Re: Employee Handbook. - 06/18/02 04:35 AM
I noticed that Microsoft offers a free Employee Handbook Template on their Office website. It works in Word. I haven't downloaded it yet, or tried it, so I don't know how much help it might be...

Dallas
Posted By: Redsy Re: Employee Handbook. - 06/18/02 10:46 AM
RMIESQ,
I can hear it now...

"But I do put cigarettes out on my own wall!?"

Good help is hard to find.
Posted By: wirewiz Re: Employee Handbook. - 06/19/02 08:30 PM
arseegee, Worked for a few companies with them. Even helped put one of them together. Have been trying to locate them in my files will let you know what they cover (Type of Content) when I locate them. They were both written by electrical contractors. We even had installation standards for particular equipment we installed. They seem to work pretty well, everyone knew what was expected of them. Email me if you like.
Wirewiz
© ECN Electrical Forums