ECN Forum
Posted By: Cindy NM colors - 04/08/02 03:20 PM
is anyone else using color coded NM cable? you know, where the 12awg is yellow etc. home depot has started selling it here recently
Posted By: Electricmanscott Re: NM colors - 04/08/02 08:12 PM
Using it and loving it! What a great idea.
Posted By: CTwireman Re: NM colors - 04/08/02 08:47 PM
I've seen it but haven't used it yet. I think it's a great idea that's long overdue.
Posted By: arseegee Re: NM colors - 04/08/02 10:36 PM
Both my supply houses are selling it. They stock it in Cerro, Southwire and Senator. Told me it was here to stay and all the wire will have colored jacket from now on. No big deal for us. We use all 12awg for all our recept and light branch circuits anyway.
Posted By: watthead Re: NM colors - 04/08/02 10:38 PM
How many think this color thing will stop the guys that are wiring with 14awg and 20amp breakers??? Or your real pro that wires the receptacles with 12awg but feeds the switch and fixture with 14awg from the receptacle circuit on a 20 amp breaker. If it even makes a dent in this problem I am all for it. I will need some solid evidence to be convinced. Now if I could think of a way to keep these pros from wiring three way switches with two conductor and picking up the neutral from another circuit, especially when a flight of stairs is involved, maybe I could patent it.

watthead
Posted By: Electricmanscott Re: NM colors - 04/08/02 11:23 PM
Wow and I thought it was just a good idea to make it a little easier on us guys and girls. Watthead, I think that short of standing there watching someone and making sure they do the right thing, there will always be people cutting corners ar just plain screwing up!
© ECN Electrical Forums