ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 260 guests, and 19 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#139057 10/16/03 09:45 AM
C
C-H Offline OP
The certification companies are getting more and more agressive. The other day there was a note in the paper that the CE mark will no longer be valid and that all product will again require the S-mark. That sounded really strange, and when I looked it up it turns out that Semko (the holder of the S-mark) had issued a press release about a re-release of the S-mark. It was very agressively written and only in the closing paragraph did it indicated that the CE mark remains the only legal marking. The whole thing was just marketing hype to inform that the S mark now only means that the product meet the European requirements, not that it meets the Swedish - in some cases stricter -requirements.

The English press release is written in a different, softer language. Wonder why...
http://www.etlsemko.com/Semko/semkoupdates/usenglish/summer_03_smark.htm

#139058 10/16/03 07:38 PM
P
Hmmm...... So the S-mark is now being applied as virtually an independent laboratory's approval of an item meeting CE standards by the sound of it.

If the Swedish people had already come to respect the S-mark as a symbol of often higher Swedish standards, I don't see that this is doing them any favors.

Link Copied to Clipboard