ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
UL 508A SPACING
by ale348 - 03/29/24 01:09 AM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (ale348), 302 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#138438 09/09/03 06:47 PM
I've recently gotten several emails with subjects like 'URGENT URGENT URGENT' and ' Ver Important'

The text inside was:
"GOT YOU"

If you were dumb enough to open this email then you will find a WORM has executed itself through your mailbox
and by the time you read this into your hard-drive. This is PAYBACK for the Virus you disguised in the email you sent
to us recently which destroyed our hard-drive and back-up system. This costs us thousands of dollars and we lost a lot
of irreplaceable files on our system.

Now it's your turn to have your computer infected. This WORM it is undetectable by AntiVirus software and it will drive your computer crazy because it's always hiding and causing havoc in your system. Using your computer recovery disks will not remove the problem cause it still stays on your computers Motherboard. This will proabably cost you a new computer and I sincerely hope this teaches you a lesson not to send people
nasty viruses again.

Evocash Administration Inc.
Phone: +1 767 4499922
Fax: +1 767 4499922

----^+Start^=Auto^Execute+^WORM^---------
----^+Start^=Auto^Execute+^WORM^-------------

This also had what looked like 6 missing images below. My first thought was to delete with the other spam and virus-related emails received but then I decided to respond to them that I had not sent any emails to them at all and couldn't have.

I went to the www.evocash.com website to see who they were and saw that they seem to be having some sort of a problem over there. (look at warnings on that site)

Anyway, it doesn't seem to be a true virus threat and appears to have another purpose behind it.

Just curious, is EvoCash a well known organization?

Bill

[This message has been edited by Bill Addiss (edited 09-09-2003).]

Bill
#138439 09/09/03 08:35 PM
P
The site seems to be down at the moment, but I've never heard of this company before.

Area code 767 is the Caribbean island of Dominica.

P.S. 449 is a valid CO prefix on the island, but the listed number does not appear to be in service. That doesn't really surprise me!

[This message has been edited by pauluk (edited 09-09-2003).]

Link Copied to Clipboard